Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

What was your cycle like after a CP or early M/C?

I hope this isn't too bold of a question and that no one will be offended by my asking this. My first pp AF was a chemical pregnancy, last month. It happened very early, about 14/15 DPO. I know indeed it was that because of the +hpt's. I just want to know from other women, if you don't mind sharing of course, what your cycle was like after an early m/c or cp? Was it different or the same? Did you ovulate randomly or not at all? I had symptoms of ovulation around the 9th/10th of this month but I don't know if I actually did. I wasn't temping and didn't take regular opk's (kind of wishing I had now). I guess I just got busy and didn't want to bother with it. I know another woman's experience isn't mine but I would like to hear how things were for others after a cp. I feel like I'm annoyingly obsessing over this...

Thanks for your reply, I just needed to ask so I can be a little more prepared.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What was your cycle like after a CP or early M/C?

I had a CP in August and had a pretty regular cycle (I think it was about 6-7 days), and then about 4 days after it stopped I started some random spotting that lasted about 4-5 days. I was tracking my O and according to my OPKs it said i O'ed around day 18-19 of my cycle. Having said that I don't know if that was accurate cause I ended up being a week late and testing and it was BFN, but then 2 weeks later I tested and got a VERY strong BFP so I would think if I had O'ed on day 18/19 it would have showed on the 1st HCG test I took but I'm no expert and it may be that it would have shown up + the next day if I would have tested but didn't cause I didn't think I was at all. I'll find out when I get my ultrasound when I did end up getting PG for sure. Good luck
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks that didn't start on its own so I had a D&C. I didn't get my first real cycle until 5 weeks later.... so this cycle is my first one since the D&C. I can tell you this... it's been an unusually long cycle for me. I used to ovulate around CD14/15 and didn't until CD20 this time around...

The first cycle after a miscarriage can definitely be a little wonky. I think it's the hormones all trying to regulate themselves again.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Thanks for your input! I wish I had a previous cycle to compare this one to, but I hadn't had a cycle in 2 years. The bleeding lasted about 6 days and was a little different. I only had slight cramping on and off and the bleeding was steady, but not heavy at all, all the way through and then just stopped all of a sudden. My pre-preg cycles were different, strong cramping day 1, heavy bleeding days 1,2, and 3 and the last day or so some spotting. So, so far it has been different. I've also been feeling very tired and have had low energy the last week and I'm wondering if its from the hormones trying to regulate themselves. I've also had some on and off cramping around my ovaries and I'm wondering what's going on there. All in all, not much craziness has happened but I do feel a slight difference. I counted the cp as my AF but I'm wondering if its kind of thrown me for a loop.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
SpartyGuard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started bleeding on CD 34 (21dpo) when I had my miscarriage last month. I bled for about 2 days and spotted maybe 2 more. I ovulated around CD16 and got a BFP at 9dpo. So my cycle didn't seem to change much.
SpartyGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Were any of you ladies afraid to test following a m/c? I think I'm only about 7DPO but just the thought of taking a test, even if my AF is late, sends chills down my spine. Its not that I'm afraid of a BFN but I'm afraid of a BFP followed by bleeding again. I would love to have another soon but I just think I'll get sooo nervous if my AF doesn't show and I have to test (whether using hpt or blood test) because the possibility of m/c'ing again is so much more real now.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyGuard View Post
I started bleeding on CD 34 (21dpo) when I had my miscarriage last month. I bled for about 2 days and spotted maybe 2 more. I ovulated around CD16 and got a BFP at 9dpo. So my cycle didn't seem to change much.
Btw congrats on your BFP!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All of my miscarriages have been before 6 weeks. I have had a normal cycle following, with a normal AF.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote