Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #21
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

A Civic can fir three across in the back seat, but it's a tight squeeze and you need certain car seats that puzzle together well (so a good excuse to get a new car). We have a Jetta, so our 3 across situation is tight as well. I need to start buying car seats soon so I can figure out what will work.

Advertisement

Last edited by rverrone11; 10-02-2012 at 08:12 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #22
pester
Registered Users

Planned but a surprise too. We were going to start trying for #2 in oct when dd was 9 mo but well I guess we didn't prevent quite well enough. Russian roulette gets you shot once in a while. Lol flirted with the danger zone just a little closely so R is going to be a big sister just a little sooner than planned.
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Was this baby a surprise or planned?

All these super close in age babies! I thought 2y5m would be close. My two drive me nuts as it is. Im scared adding a third to the mix will cripple me

So, 3 across might work, but the middle space is so tiny I just dont see it. We are looking for a third row car like acadia or traverse. Fx for a good deal!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #24
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Surprise! My son is only 14 months. 2 under 2 here I come!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #25
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Completely and totally planned! i wanted a second after DS was born aug 2010. By the time he was a year I was pushing DH pretty hard for a second, but it took him awhile to come around. I wanted one, but wanted to wait until he was 100 percent. We had Mirena removed late April of this yr and dr gave us the ok to start TTC right away since I had very regular cycles on mirena. Got pregnant in early Aug and got our BFP on DS's original due date which was Aug 16th.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #26
babyWmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
All these super close in age babies! I thought 2y5m would be close. My two drive me nuts as it is. Im scared adding a third to the mix will cripple me

So, 3 across might work, but the middle space is so tiny I just dont see it. We are looking for a third row car like acadia or traverse. Fx for a good deal!
I'm with you on adding a third. Some days I think it will be fine, other days I'm petrified. We also have to upgrade our vehicle, which I am not looking forward to driving a larger vehicle. Should be quite the adjustment for me.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #27
babyWmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
Surprise! My son is only 14 months. 2 under 2 here I come!
It will be great. I know spacing is different for everyone, but for me, we wanted our children close together. So far, no regrets at all. And I am pretty sure they love having a sibling as well. DS is always concerned with sharing and taking care of his little sister. Love it.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Was this baby a surprise or planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
totally a surprise. We were preventing and having struggles in our marriage. I cried alot after the bfp. I sold baby gear and was ready to wait several years.
I was 5lb away fr pre preg weight I do not lose weight easily after baby(((

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I am excited but I know I am done now. I think it is ms but I am not as crazy excited as I was with the other 3.
I kwym. I mean, I'm excited when I am able to think of a baby coming in the spring - but those moments are very few and far between still. We'll get there, I'm sure.
But this is definitely our last pregnancy. DH will get snipped sometime - maybe in the summer (teacher, has summer off). I don't know that we won't adopt or something in the future, but no more pregnancies. I can't handle this stress, and possible m/s, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Hee hee. Im excited about a new car too!!! Civics dont fit 3 carseats!!
It likely would, with the right combination of seats. But if you're wanting to upgrade, mama, this is a great reason to!
Also, if you upgrade, you'll have room for a friend or 2, instead of only for your family members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyWmom View Post
We also have to upgrade our vehicle, which I am not looking forward to driving a larger vehicle. Should be quite the adjustment for me.
You'll get used to it. I always said I would never have a mini-van, but when #3 came along we got our first one. Now we've had 2 more, and I really do love them - visibility is awesome!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol laughing at all the car upgrades. We just traded our car and Grand Caravan for a Ford E350 12 passenger van. We are now a youth group tour bus!
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #30
babyWmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama
Lol laughing at all the car upgrades. We just traded our car and Grand Caravan for a Ford E350 12 passenger van. We are now a youth group tour bus!