Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #121
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Big Mamas October Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
To all the stallers.... it sucks - just don't be like me and say SCREW IT.... keep at it - eventually you will start to lose again.

Chinese and all the rest just sounds good..... but no one else in the house likes it so i rarely eat it.....

So.... confession - i suck at eating right when life gets busy. I am so involved daily running around that it's like "AH - its 2pm i haven't had anything to eat i need to eat" and i just cram something down. bad, very bad. i must, and i mean MUST do better..... meh, i need to get the heck with it. I just pushed so hard, lost a lot, and now I'm running around too busy to care - so weighing in tomorrow morning - which will probably make me cry, but its reality. And i need to get my booty out the door in the AM and run again - i have just been doing the video this week b/c i am staying up to late which means i am not getting out of bed in the AM *sigh*......

Sorry for the rambling - I'm having a "I will always be fat" sort of down day
Thats how i am. I dobt eat until im STARVING, then i eat EVERYTHING. I dont do it on purpose, i just dont think about eating until i need to eat RIGHT NOW and grab whatever is in front of me. I have been trying to make sure i eat breakfast, even just something little because i notice i am hungrier earlier if i eat i the am. It helps me control binging.

Advertisement

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #122
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Ladies, if you have children at home, do you not feed them regular meals? If so, eat with them.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #123
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor
Ladies, if you have children at home, do you not feed them regular meals? If so, eat with them.
I am doing weight watchers so I don't generally eat "diet" food just smaller portions of normal food. Breakfast we usually have yogurt, toast, cereal, eggs etc. lunch I will sometimes eat a smart one meal but she will eat sandwich, leftovers, Mac and cheese etc. dinner is a meat, starch and veggies. She eats lots of fruits and veggies as snacks and so do I. We don't generally keep junk in the house but I won't really buy any treats when I am on a diet but some granola bars, fruits snacks, applesauce etc. my daughter is only 3 though and I am in control of what she eats still. I don't think she is suffering and regardless of my weight loss goals I have always fed her a healthy and balanced diet.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #124
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the opposite problem of you ladies, I NEVER forget to eat. Three meals and two to three snacks every day! And sometimes I"m starving and have to add a few snacks in there. I wish sometimes I would forget but my tummy growls at me and my head starts to hurt if I don't eat every 2-2 1/2 hours.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #125
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I have the opposite problem of you ladies, I NEVER forget to eat. Three meals and two to three snacks every day! And sometimes I"m starving and have to add a few snacks in there. I wish sometimes I would forget but my tummy growls at me and my head starts to hurt if I don't eat every 2-2 1/2 hours.
This sounds to me like you don't have enough good fats and protein. It's hard sometimes to make good use of the calories we are taking in.

Well, I slept in a little this morning, and now I'm making french toast. After breakfast I will hang laundry (and hope it dries outside -- it might rain), and then I'm going to get on the elliptical. It'll be a bit later than usual, but I do really want to get it in.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #126
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
My 15 yr old eats after us, as he has sports till 7 PM. The 3 and 4 year old eat when we do but only one will eat what we do, the other is a restrictive eater and will only eat a few things. So we make 2 meals here at dinner time. I just eat less than everyone.

I finally lost my cheat weight and am back down to 150 today. I am pumped. Hopefully I will get back into the 140s soon!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #127
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Lunch! I'm having leftover beefy vegetable soup. And Coke. Coke, obviously, isn't the best, but oh well. I did get on the elliptical earlier for 19 minutes. I suppose I could've gone for another minute, but I had already pushed myself to the 19 minute mark, so yeah. I burned off the calories of the Coke I'm drinking at lunch. lol
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #128
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

whew - just caught up reading all the posts i missed.... and FANASTIC job overall to everyone.... Oct has been a good month here

I've been hiding - Oct was not so good here for me.... two trips (one more to go) with like 10 days between each = crap eating a LOT. I am down a to 198.... so a pound less than when i first posted. I was hoping for more, but have weighed 198.2 for 3 days now thanks to AF.... hopefully when its over i will drop the water and get to 194 which was my lowest point since deciding to get rid of all this weight. I was hoping to be in the 180's before Halloween (when we leave for my sisters wedding) but i don't see that happening and i am not going to stress about it.

I NEED, like i want to for my sanity, to get back to running but i am going to try the ease in to 5k instead of the couch to 5k.... with the couch to 5k i never managed to run more than 2.5 miles.... ease in to 5k seems like it is better at helping you pace yourself - which is my main issue. I suck at pacing.... i'm a sprinter in nature and run HARD but then have nothing left. Not great for distance

So great job everyone and thanks for sharing - i needed to read all this progress to keep focused....
Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #129
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I am finally back down to 150.3 today. Hopefully I can get back into the 140s next week. I would love to see the 150s gone once and for all.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #130
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I have unmedicated ADD, and I get side tracked very eadily during the day. I will make breakfast for the girls, return to the kitchen to get something to eat myself, and start doing dishes, or something else.... i do always eat dinner with them bc we all eat the same thing. But we all like something different for breakfast and lunch, so i will make theirs first then forget about mine....usually it sits uneaten in the microwave or on the counter, lol.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote