Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #61
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Big Mamas October Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey View Post
Woot weight loss 184.4 today! I don't ever want to see above 185 again, unless I am preggo!
I also think I am going to have to up metformin because my fasting BG is still in the 110's! That is not where it should be at all

Kimmi- Awesome on the loss! I need to get more water in me, thanks for reminding me how water can effect your weight poorly
Great job on getting down below 185!!! I am on 2000 mg of Metformin, so do not feel bad...LOL! I try to drink my weight in water each day. Not easy, but it can be done. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Good for you, Kimmie!!

I had a terrible headache last night from no caffeine. But, I have slept better the last couple nights. The kids and I are going all over the place today to run errands. At least, that was the plan, but I might wait on a few of the errands that are close by, as it's supposed to be raining all day. I can't wait until Natalie is in a regular seat and can unbuckle herself so I don't have to wait in the rain for her.
Thanks! It is raining here too and I have no desire to bring kids out in this. I need to go to the store at some point. I might just wait till afternoon when I have to pick up DS2 from preschool.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #62
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Good for you, Kimmie!!

I had a terrible headache last night from no caffeine. But, I have slept better the last couple nights. The kids and I are going all over the place today to run errands. At least, that was the plan, but I might wait on a few of the errands that are close by, as it's supposed to be raining all day. I can't wait until Natalie is in a regular seat and can unbuckle herself so I don't have to wait in the rain for her.
Ugh, I hate when it is raining out.
Have you thought of going 1/2 caff for a week or so to wean yourself off the caffeine? It works so much better than cold turkey and head aches

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Great job on getting down below 185!!! I am on 2000 mg of Metformin, so do not feel bad...LOL! I try to drink my weight in water each day. Not easy, but it can be done. LOL!
I have a feeling I will be that high soon, because the fasting number is the problem, and I am eating pretty low carb. Maybe I need to buckle down a little more, but that will only help with weight loss not fasting numbers. My doc is perfectly fine with giving me the max dose if I do in fact need it and this trend seems to be that I will need the bigger dose.
I am trying to get my water intake to be 100 oz a day, but the UC is not happy with that.....and my skin is not happy with the lack of water, ugh!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #63
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Ugh, I hate when it is raining out.
Have you thought of going 1/2 caff for a week or so to wean yourself off the caffeine? It works so much better than cold turkey and head aches

I didn't actually drink that much soda, so the caffeine headache won't last more than a couple of days. I did have a glass of tea today, so a little bit of caffeine, but even after having the headache last night, I woke up this morning without one.

Monday is going to be a crazy day, but I'm planning on starting back up on waking early enough to get on the elliptical before starting the rest of the day. This weekend I'm working on upping my water intake again. When I was drinking soda, I stopped drinking so much water, and my body's not happy with me.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #64
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
I have a feeling I will be that high soon, because the fasting number is the problem, and I am eating pretty low carb. Maybe I need to buckle down a little more, but that will only help with weight loss not fasting numbers. My doc is perfectly fine with giving me the max dose if I do in fact need it and this trend seems to be that I will need the bigger dose.
I am trying to get my water intake to be 100 oz a day, but the UC is not happy with that.....and my skin is not happy with the lack of water, ugh!
I was on 1500 for quite some time and it was not enough for me. I had to be upped to the max dose to get anywhere. After I was on it I managed to get my DS2 after 3 yrs of trying and 5 losses.

I am down today to 152.2, which is good. I cheated last night and had some Jager, so I am shocked. I am going to be good today and eat well and drink plenty of water.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #65
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am still holding stead right at 155. I go down for a day or two but then I bounce right back up.I'm actually surprised I didn't go higher than that with how I ate yesterday. I was so hungry I ate everything in sight. And dh took me out to dinner and I probably ate 1500 calories in one sitting and then had ice cream when I got home. So, I am SHOCKED that I wasn't higher this morning. Have my day planned out and I think I need to work out so I have enough calories for a snack. But I am eating my leftovers from last night for lunch today and that's 800 calories right there. So if I want a snack I need to get myself moving.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #66
Melmonkey
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I was on 1500 for quite some time and it was not enough for me. I had to be upped to the max dose to get anywhere. After I was on it I managed to get my DS2 after 3 yrs of trying and 5 losses.

I am down today to 152.2, which is good. I cheated last night and had some Jager, so I am shocked. I am going to be good today and eat well and drink plenty of water.
I think I am gonna try to make an appt with my doc this week, I know for a fact that not much is gonna change the fasting sugars but more Met It stinks but it needs to happen to get rid of the IR and get me down to a proper weight. Oh and I need this cold to leave this house! I NEED back on the treadmill, I want to do a 5k on Dec 1st
Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #67
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Wow am I out of it! I got on the elliptical today after not being on it for 2 1/2 months and I only made it about 11 minutes. But, I got on. So, progress is slowly being made. Since getting home I have had the equivilent of 4 cans of soda, which is significantly less than what I would've had in the same amount of time in Michigan. I've been eating better, drinking more water, and I worked out this morning. I have also been sleeping better, which is nice.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #68
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I am still holding stead right at 155. I go down for a day or two but then I bounce right back up.I'm actually surprised I didn't go higher than that with how I ate yesterday. I was so hungry I ate everything in sight. And dh took me out to dinner and I probably ate 1500 calories in one sitting and then had ice cream when I got home. So, I am SHOCKED that I wasn't higher this morning. Have my day planned out and I think I need to work out so I have enough calories for a snack. But I am eating my leftovers from last night for lunch today and that's 800 calories right there. So if I want a snack I need to get myself moving.
I have stallked too at 153. I fluctuate 2 lbs in either direction. I am going to keep eating healthy and hope for the best.

Quote:
I think I am gonna try to make an appt with my doc this week, I know for a fact that not much is gonna change the fasting sugars but more Met It stinks but it needs to happen to get rid of the IR and get me down to a proper weight. Oh and I need this cold to leave this house! I NEED back on the treadmill, I want to do a 5k on Dec 1st
The met does help with the weightloss. I was struggling way more than I am now when I was not on it or my thyroid meds. We have the cold running through here too.

Quote:
Wow am I out of it! I got on the elliptical today after not being on it for 2 1/2 months and I only made it about 11 minutes. But, I got on. So, progress is slowly being made. Since getting home I have had the equivilent of 4 cans of soda, which is significantly less than what I would've had in the same amount of time in Michigan. I've been eating better, drinking more water, and I worked out this morning. I have also been sleeping better, which is nice.
Great job!!! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #69
Melmonkey
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
You go mama!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #70
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

I couldn't resist- I got on the scale late this morning and I weighed in at 169! Wooooo! I'm not making it official as it was after breakfast and w clothes on, but it's still so great to be under 170!! I plan on going for a 3.5 mile rub tonight too. I'm excited

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum