Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would be secretly proud on the inside...

Advertisement

Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #22
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

That would be frustrating. I like the other posters advice about maybe putting some healthy snacks in her room at night. I would not and do not recommend locking her door so she can't get out. Very unsafe. What if something was wrong with her and she needed to con get you or worse what if there was a fire and she couldn't get out and you and your husband weren't able to get her?

Hugs momma! Hoping it passes soon.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #23
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Re: Look what I woke up to at 5:30 a.m.!!!!

Hubby and I love looking at this website, but I can't post it because the URL has a naughty.

It's

____mykidsruined.com

(replace the ___ with another word for stuff). Pure hilarity.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #24
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
Hubby and I love looking at this website, but I can't post it because the URL has a naughty.

It's

____mykidsruined.com

Yeah, someone on another site "recommended" that site to me, too. I don't know if I want to go there... it might make me feel worse!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #25
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post

It's

____mykidsruined.com

Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #26
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

And it's not just DD. DS has been getting into things, too. Yesterday, he dumped a bunch of lotion into a bathroom drawer on top of an old wipes container that had some travel containers inside of it, so I spent some time cleaning that up.

Today, that poor same wipes container now has -- wait for it -- waaaaait for it -- dandruff shampoo all over it. And it's of course runnier than lotion so it's leaked all inside of it and down the edges and onto the edges of some of my mama cloth and some other miscellaneous bottles of lotion and stuff in that drawer.

It wouldn't be so bad, except that stuff smells like POOP!!! Like, super stinky vegetable poop. Times 40. Sitting out in the hot sun.

Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness, that is so scary! Perhaps you could put a motion detector/chime thing like you can put on your front door, in front of her door so you know when she leaves her room?

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #28
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and

I have woken up several times to very similar scenes in our house. My almost 4 year old is notorious for sneaking around and getting into things. I could be laying awake in bed and not hear him right outside my open door he is so stealthy!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wait, are those cheater chopsticks sitting on the dryer?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd be peeved as heck if it were DD (and I'm sure it will be, in time), but the little chopsticks/tongs are really intriguing me. Was she eating croutons or strawberries w/ them? Oh, and my kid would totally eat a whole bottle of honey...straight, no chaser

Maybe to combat this, one of the really tall gates for her room would work? SIL gave us all her gates. We have a regular swing-out one in DD's doorway, but there's a super-tall one (maybe 4ft) that I think they had b/c of their dog. I think it would keep most kids in?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #30
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post

I'm sorry, I guess I must be a horrible mom, but I just think this is hilarious and I'd have an awfully hard time getting angry at her. I find her assortment of food products to be quite interesting! Who wouldn't want a bowl of sugar and chocolate chips??

And, while I know there's danger, I think it's quite ingenious that she grabbed some scissors to hack into the honeydew with...and I'm a little proud of her for choosing strawberries and honeydew to go along with the cookies

Mama, I know it's a pain in the patootey and sure, she should help clean up the mess, but this is one of those things you know you'll look back on and look at the photos and laugh so hard when she is older and you're dealing with "big kid" problems instead of something trivial and funny like breaking into the pantry in the middle of the night.

I guess I think it's hilarious because it's totally something I would do and I admire the tenacity of children when they put their minds to something (even though it's frustrating as ****).