Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #31
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Look what I woke up to at 5:30 a.m.!!!!

dp

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #32
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think I'd start with some "anytime foods". That's what we call snacks that DS1 is welcome to help himself to any time. Carrots, apples, etc. I'd probably set up some ok foods and lock up the rest.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #33
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
Not gonna lie, I would probably put on of those little lay h locks (the one with the loop and a hook) on the outside of her door at night but I am paranoid that if they are up wandering the house they could get hurt or go outside. Luckily we have not had any wandering kids yet but if we do I would probably lock their door. We have a monitor in their room so I could hear if they needed to potty or something

I would also have her do some serious cleaning
this.

I wake up at night in this new house because DD can open the outside doors and I was afraid she'd leave the house. I locked her in her room. I can hear her trying to get out in the morning and I go get her.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #34
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post

I'm sorry, I guess I must be a horrible mom, but I just think this is hilarious and I'd have an awfully hard time getting angry at her. I find her assortment of food products to be quite interesting! Who wouldn't want a bowl of sugar and chocolate chips??

And, while I know there's danger, I think it's quite ingenious that she grabbed some scissors to hack into the honeydew with...and I'm a little proud of her for choosing strawberries and honeydew to go along with the cookies

Mama, I know it's a pain in the patootey and sure, she should help clean up the mess, but this is one of those things you know you'll look back on and look at the photos and laugh so hard when she is older and you're dealing with "big kid" problems instead of something trivial and funny like breaking into the pantry in the middle of the night.

I guess I think it's hilarious because it's totally something I would do and I admire the tenacity of children when they put their minds to something (even though it's frustrating as ****).
and I agree with this.

but I'd still find a way to keep it from happening again.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieofpees
Have you tried leaving a few snacks on her night stand, that way if she wakes up for amidnight snack she doesn't have to leave her room
I have a 5 year old and she has her own section in the pantry with snacks she's allowed to have at any time. If for some reason ( like this morning) she's up wayyy before me she gets a snack and plays quietly in her room (Sometimes loudly in her room).

Maybe make a basket of snacks for her to have easily available for those mornings she wakes up super early?

ETA: we have a baby gate in the girls bedroom doorway. 5 year old jumps over it but the 2 year old cant yet.

Last edited by L&A'smommy; 10-02-2012 at 02:13 PM.
L&A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #36
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Oh my! She had a wild night, this is like "The Hangover, kiddie style."

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #37
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we went through this. my 4 and 6 year olds were sneaking food, junk. we tried a snack drawer for a bit but the 3 could literally inhale 12 granola bars in minutes(a nd not the junk food ones, just regular) it was too expensive lol. they phased out of it though, thank god. they still get into stuff in the mornings sometimes when im pumping upstairs(yogurt smothie poured on the stairs this am as well as 2 year old ds walking around with a lego container with 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies in it:/ ) but kids just get into stuff. you cant watch them every minute. fwiw the cookies ds got this am were ON TOP OF THE FRIDGE pretty sure he had help from his sisters but omg we moved all the knives to the cabinet above the stove so they cant get them and limit how much junk we buy(the cookies were mine )
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #38
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Because she's not mine....

I totally cracked up.

I like how she knew the dryer door was the perfect height for her to enjoy a meal without being disturbed.

Again..she's yours, so I can say "Wow..she's so resourceful!"
Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #39
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a DD like that! I put an alarm on her door because she could sneak out of her room and get into things without waking us up. It has been such a life and sanity saver for us.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #40
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sorry, ladies, I'm no help, but your stories are really cracking me up!