Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
k_mignone1
Registered Users

Re: Tossed 2 FB today...

I put my FB in the dryer on low, without serious problems, because we don't seem to have sun on many of the diaper-washing days. What do other moms do? Seeing this post concerns me- I thought FB would last.

Advertisement

k_mignone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #22
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
I also have a rough wash routine and had a 35lb toddler that recently PTed... I recommend sunbaby diapers. Get the size 2's. I wash on hot and bleach every load, and they've held up beautifully for the past year. Most of them still look like new! I wash every 2 or 3 days, too.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #23
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by March
My routine involves turning OFF the cold water valve altogether and using 140 degree hot water, a long soak, the heaviest "work wear" heavy-duty, long agitation cycle--and I've not had problems with any FuzziBunz since using this routine. I have had FuzziBunz delaminate in the past, and they replaced them--but that was before this on-the-harsh-side wash routine became necessary, and it was a manufacturing flaw. Are you *sure* your routine caused the delaminating?
I'm not sure it matters as I bought those 2 used. But its possible that it wasn't my wash routine. But I'm not sure I want to risk getting faulty diapers again.

Vicki- Wife to my Pastor Hubby 13 years, HS Mama to my 7 blessings ages 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 and baby 5/29/12.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy
I also have a rough wash routine and had a 35lb toddler that recently PTed... I recommend sunbaby diapers. Get the size 2's. I wash on hot and bleach every load, and they've held up beautifully for the past year. Most of them still look like new! I wash every 2 or 3 days, too.
Hmmm. I had some sunbabys that were so tiny, smaller than my BG! They were old style, are the new.size twos bigger than BG? I really need something that's as big as a FB Large.

Vicki- Wife to my Pastor Hubby 13 years, HS Mama to my 7 blessings ages 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 and baby 5/29/12.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #25
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_mignone1
I put my FB in the dryer on low, without serious problems, because we don't seem to have sun on many of the diaper-washing days. What do other moms do? Seeing this post concerns me- I thought FB would last.
You probably won't have problems if your not already. I noticed issues with the first washing after buying them (used). So if your routine was gonna be a problem you'd know by now. FB used to be an excellent quality diaper..

Old 10-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #26
March
Registered Users
seller

Honestly, every brand's PUL delaminates sometimes. PUL, TPU, any laminate fabric, delaminates if it isn't laminated exactly-precisely-perfectly-correctly, and it isn't like the companies are laminating it themselves. Usually that material is laminated at another factory before entering the factory where the diapers are assembled, you know? And even if they are printing and laminating their own PUL, every machine operator can make a mistake.

Every diaper manufacturer or PUL manufacturer deals with this at some point(s); that's why every decent diaper manufacturer offers a warranty on PUL defects. It isn't your fault and it isn't their fault (as in their home office's fault--it might be a factory worker's fault, but have you never done something wrong at work?), but it's built into the price-point so that they are able to offer to replace at no additional cost.

Last edited by March; 10-02-2012 at 08:57 PM.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #27
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sunbaby size 2's are still smaller, or at least, only as big as BG 4's. IME, they were smaller. I didn't care for them.

To Laura-here's my experience and opinion on diaper warrantees-yes decent diaper manufacturers may offer a warranty on PUL but it still costs me a minimum of $8 to send 1 diaper back to the manufacturer to be replaced (which is usally in the US). It then takes at least 6 weeks, from the time I send it out, to the time I get it or a replacement back again. I'm in Canada. Adding a few wipes or unneeded inserts to make up for my shipping costs are hardly worth it to me. In the fall of 2010 I had some new OS FB delaminate in the first few washes, sent them back and eventually got replacements (not all in the same colors as I sent in either-was also a little disappointed there), only to have 3 of the 5 replacements do the same thing again I gave up. Being in Canada, we cannot ship from our homes, and it is expensive. So to me, a warrantee isn't good enough assurance (to me) that I can be confident in that product will last as it's supposed too unfortunately. I've also had BG delaminate, then unknowingly voided the warrantee because I washed in tide and hot water. Sorry, but diapers need to be washed in hot water with a good detergent (plus occasional bleach) to keep them clean and my LOs rash free. Sometimes warrantees really aren't all they're cracked up to be. (my opinion)

I'm like Vicki in that I rely alot on past experience with a product, and whether I trust in that product enough to make an investment in it again. Nothing is more disappointing and maddening then spend alot of money on supposedly high quality diapers, and have them give out ANYTIME before expected. Let me tell you, it's happened to me several times in the last 15 years of Cding and it really sucks.

That's not to say I don't still really like and use FB (PF), and BG products and use them, because I do. I also believe that in general they both do make a good product.

Last edited by cajsmommy; 10-02-2012 at 10:13 PM.
cajsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #28
March
Registered Users
seller

Makes sense! I didn't think about the shipping cost being so much for you all the way in Canada (I live an hour away from the FuzziBunz home office and could probably technically drive a return over, haha). My friend who used to work for FB wrote the return policy (from several years ago--before the new lifetime warranty) so I knew all the reasoning behind asking the customer to pay shipping upfront. (You wouldn't believe the condition of some of the diapers they get in, either... Yikes!)

Speaking of... this is reminding me that I need to fill out the product support form for my newest diaper pail. Shot elastic after the first wash! So disappointing.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That all makes sense ladies.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #30
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

id buy more fuzzibunz honestly, i have tons of different ones, and the turkey made ones i have with the stickish pul work the best, and the stickness of them makes the inserts stay in place better IMO, i have no problem stuffing my sticky fb, the inserts slide in way way better than the ones with the delaminating smooth PUL, the sticky ones never have ever delaminated for me and if they fall apart, they have a warranty. however if you are totally 100% against fb, go with kawaii, they are big and last forever. i hear great things about large charlie banana, ive only tried the os and love them. swaddlebee simplex are ginormous but they are cheaply made imo so i dont think they would last. bottombumpers are big too, i have one green sz large in euc i can sell you if you want, its too big for my ds.