Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Kirkland Ultra Clean F&C

Has anyone tried this on diapers? The ingredients are anionic and/or nonionic surfactants, enzymes. That's it!!! I will be adding my usual borax, oxyclean, and/or bleach as well. But I hope this works for me! I like Tide F&G but don't love the brighteners in it, and I like 7th Generation unscented but hate the price. I have been looking for a good mainstream (cheap) enzyme-containing detergent that is unscented and dye and brightener free for awhile now. Hope this is it

Trying to attach an image from my phone here, bear with me lol

ForumRunner_20121002_112517.jpg

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Kirkland Ultra Clean F&C

I've used it a couple times and it worked fine. I had bad experience with the cheaper one, though. I didn't use the free and clear, just the regular Kirkland Ultra.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

never tried it and its not aviable here. However I'm using the Targets free N clear biodegradable (their kinda greener version) the ingredients are the same and I'm loving it my DD doesn't need the added brighteners but does need the enzymes and we do best with Free N clear. Its also risning a LOT cleaner than others I've used.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
daniele_ut
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm pretty sure that Costco just reformulated their detergents when they added "Ultra Clean" to the name. I think I just read something about it in their magazine, so it may be that no one has really tried this formulation yet.
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele_ut
I'm pretty sure that Costco just reformulated their detergents when they added "Ultra Clean" to the name. I think I just read something about it in their magazine, so it may be that no one has really tried this formulation yet.
Yeah, I was pretty darn sure they never had an unscented version either. Their "eco friendly" one has a really powerful lavender scent, my mom uses it. And I look every time I go just in case they stock something new... admittedly I only go every few months though. So I think it 's new, but not sure just how new.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
gehagge
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been using their Free and Clear for 6 months and it's been fine. This is a new name...ours is just Kirkland Ultra Free and Clear, so I assume it's been reformulated as pp said, though maybe just renamed? Anyway, if it's similar to what we use, I think it works fine.

ETA: I just looked at the ingredients (DD happened to have been playing with an empty bottle) and it's the exact same as what you posted above, at least what's on the label.

Last edited by gehagge; 10-02-2012 at 04:16 PM.
gehagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehagge
I've been using their Free and Clear for 6 months and it's been fine. This is a new name...ours is just Kirkland Ultra Free and Clear, so I assume it's been reformulated as pp said, though maybe just renamed? Anyway, if it's similar to what we use, I think it works fine.

ETA: I just looked at the ingredients (DD happened to have been playing with an empty bottle) and it's the exact same as what you posted above, at least what's on the label.
Thanks!!! Maybe they had a different F&C version before and I never noticed it, or my store didn't carry it or something. I will try it!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
daniele_ut
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just found the magazine. There is an article on page 60 of the September 2012 issue that says "The new detergent has a patented formula called Catch and Release that isolates dirt so more of it rinses out in the water, without attaching to other articles. The result? Your rinse water will be dirtier and you'll see, with repeated use, that even dingy whites become whiter."
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele_ut
I just found the magazine. There is an article on page 60 of the September 2012 issue that says "The new detergent has a patented formula called Catch and Release that isolates dirt so more of it rinses out in the water, without attaching to other articles. The result? Your rinse water will be dirtier and you'll see, with repeated use, that even dingy whites become whiter."
Interesting, TFS! I never actually open those things they mail out, maybe I should