Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #21
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone buying diapers yet??

Depends on how big your baby is. If they are on the smaller side, then nb diapers are well worth it. There are plenty of covers that are quite adjustable. Thirsties Duo comes to mind. I think they fit 6-15lbs? If you have 9-10lb baby, you could probably skip the nb size and go with smalls.

Advertisement

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #22
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

DD was normal sized - 7'9, but she exploded afterwards and has grown really fast. I have no clue what to expect with this baby. I was a 5lb baby and DH was an 11lb baby.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #23
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

I just bought 14 orange edge GMD prefolds from a friend! I think I'm going to get some more, as well as the next size up... I have about 30 of the "normal" sized ones for ds and a bazillion (approximately) covers, so we should be good once we get to the OS stage!
Since Kai was just shy of 11 lbs at birth, I'm expecting another big baby... I'm think I'll go with something like Thirsties duo size ones... But I'm in love with the new rumparooz print! Can you imagine a OS pocket for the big kid, and a Lil Joey for the new kid?! Eek!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #24
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used the grovia newborn AIO with my last baby and loved them so I plan to get those again. (I sold that stash) I am waiting to find out the gender. I have been using cloth for 5 years, but never got to CD a girl, so I will go pink crazy if this is a girl!!! I will probably be ordering diapers on my smartphone on the way home from the MW appt that day! DH takes me to my appts and we have to drive 1 1/2 hours away to Tennessee to see my MW, so I will have time. LOL
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #25
andrea020611
Registered Users

I have fluffy mail waiting for me at home - 4 super tiny rumparooz newborn covers. Can't wait to open my mail and have a look!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #26
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need everything, I have nothing in nb/sm size at all (and only like 5 things that I kept for keepsakes from my youngest). I just bought my first item today! A Loveybums wrap.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #27
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I make most of my own but I decided I wanted to use Kissaluvs for the newborn phase because one size pockets just don't do well for newborns. I have bought 3 covers and 13 kissas from other Momma's on here. Just need some more of the kissas and once we find out the gender I will get to work making some more for this baby to add to the stash I still have from DD.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #28
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
Is meconium hard to get out? I see a lot of posts about waiting until that's done.
I've read several times/places that you can wash it just like regular EBF poo.

I bought two animal print Minky covers the other day... Just in case it's a girl I will be stocking up on prefolds eventually, but I really like dyed ones. Our ultrasound isn't until the first week of January - 25 weeks. The wait is going to kill me. Haha.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #29
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have nothing! My DS is almost 6 and I didn't CD him until he was 3 months. I gave all my CDs to my sister when she was pregnant with my nephew 3 years ago, and she is due any day so she'll still be using them. My mom said she wants to buy me CDs since she knows I have mine to my sister. With DS I used BG AIOs, which they don't make anymore, so I'm trying to decide if I want to hunt for them on Fsot or see if I can find something similar. DH is not super excited about CDing so I want it easy for him to start with if anyone has AIO recommendations for me I'd love the advice!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #30
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Will be getting some fluffy mail soon! Worked out a trade for some nb prefitteds. Now just need to get the needles busy to make woolies to go with!

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote