Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

vent/whine - today is a crappy day to be a mom. *update*

Normally, I love being a mom. Even a SAHM. Yes, it gets lonely and boring b/c it's SOOOO dreadfully monotonous. Do dishes, wipe butts, discipline, teach, cook, clean, tidy up, mop, fall into bed exhausted, wake up and do it again. Yay.

Today just sucks. I never ever get headaches. Like, ever. Unless I have a fever. But yesterday I felt weird and funky all day. And then in the evening I developed this weird awful headache on the right side of my head and face. My head hurt, my ear hurt, the right side of my throat hurt, my right eye hurt. The skin on my scalp actually even hurt.

I can take pain. I really can. I'm normally the kind of person who just muscles through it. But HOLY WOW does it hurt. This AM I woke up and it's like 500 times worse, and has spread to the front left side of my head. So, my whole right side of my head and the front left side of my head.

If I sit still it's manageable, I can distract myself enough to forget about it. the moment I move, it's like an ice pick being jammed into the right side of my brain. Is this a migraine or something?

Anyway, what really sucks is that my DH tries to care for me, he really does. But, I'm afraid he just doesn't get it. I need him to actually CLEAN things. Not just haphazardly feed/bathe the kids and get them in bed. I need the dishes done, b/c if you don't do them, I have to do them b/c we don't have a dishwasher and we only have a small amount of dishes. So when YOU (DH) look at them and think "oh, those can wait until she'd feeling better!" What really happens is you leave for work in the morning and I crawl in the kitchen and see two sinks full of dishes and I want to go back to bed and cry.

My floors are sticky. STICKY. I was supposed to mop them yesterday. I guess DH is allergic to the mop. I tried to let him know and it was "oh honey that will still be there when you feel better" ... yes... I KNOW it will. That's the problem. So will the dishes, and the toys on the floor, and the food stuck on the table, and the stains on the futon cover, and the Mt Everest of laundry.

I feel like I work so dang hard to take care of everyone in this family. I cook healthy meals. I keep the house pretty clean. When I get sick, who takes care of me?

I don't even know what I expect people to say. I know no one on diaperswappers can fix it. I just wish it wasn't so hard to be a mom.

***Thank you everyone for listening to me vent. I am feeling WORLDS better today. DH picked up some cans of chicken noodle soup yesterday and cooked it for me. He made the kids grilled cheese and soup for dinner. I ate and laid down and SLEPT like a log. I feel so much better. I ate a whole can and a half of soup. Maybe I was malnourished or dehydrated or something? I dunno. I still am not 100% but I'm WA better. Thanks everyone for your kid words.

Advertisement

Last edited by Kiliki; 10-03-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Re: vent/whine - today is a crappy day to be a mom.

guess I should add, I'm pg so I can't take many meds. I'm waiting to see if it improves before I do anything. How long should I wait? I don't have any idea what's normal for headaches.

And, no, there's no one I can call for help. Whenever I ask my mom for help, she cuckles and says "yea I remember what that's like. I had NO HELP. My mom never helped me. You'll be ok." ... and I would feel really awful asking my friends for help over a headache. Although I swear this is some pretty ferocious pain.

Oh, and, I'm in fine health otherwise. No issues with blood pressure or blood sugar. I am not dehydrated.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
MiriRose
Registered Users

I am so sorry!! I have said a prayer for you, I hope you get to feeling better real soon. I know exactly how you are feeling - it is hard, especially when you feel like you are falling behind on everything on top of not feeling well. Have you seen a doctor for your pain? Sounds pretty serious.
MiriRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally get you.

My Hubby is the same way, except he doesn't even bathe the kids and put them to bed. He sits in the recliner "recovering" from his day at work. Meanwhile, my day- which starts at 3:30am (he doesn't get up till 5:30) doesn't "end" until kitchen is cleaned up, kids in bed, etc. And he wonders why I am "not in the mood" when he comes to bed

I also have chronic migraine- its easier to write down when I DON'T have a headache.

Last edited by Pampered Mama; 10-02-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiriRose View Post
I am so sorry!! I have said a prayer for you, I hope you get to feeling better real soon. I know exactly how you are feeling - it is hard, especially when you feel like you are falling behind on everything on top of not feeling well. Have you seen a doctor for your pain? Sounds pretty serious.
thanks

I doubt it is anything serious. I'm 17 wks pg. It could be something hormonal. I take pretty decent care of myself and I don't have any family history of medical issues that would make my head hurt like this. It's also possible I'm catching a bug but haven't gotten any other symptoms yet. It's just awful to look around, see all this stuff that has to be done, but be paralyzed by the pain. I feel so stupid and lazy and slobbish.

I guess overall I just feel irritated and sad that I have devoted my life to caring for my kids and husband and I feel like there is no one to care for me when I need it.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heh, it sounds like he thinks you enjoy washing dishes and mopping the floor. Like he's thinking "oh she'll be so excited that I left these chores for her to do"

I'm sorry, I hope you feel better.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
PajammaGramma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry you a having a crappy time. If you are still having the pain by now, and you have had it since yesterday, I would call my doctor. If it's not something you consider normal for you, then it's worth checking with the doc.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
PajammaGramma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

By the way, if I was closer, I would gladly come and help you out. I am a very hands on Mom and Gramma. If it needs done, consider it finished.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Right there last week! So sorry!

It will get better.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

And you can take Tylenol or single ingredient robitussin