Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
simplystavish
Registered Users

Best yarn to knit soakers/woolies

Brand new to cloth diapering and tring out all the different types. Would like to knit a few covers and woolies. What brands of yarn do you all recommend? Is DK weight the best as far as weight? How about fav patterns? Headed to Ravelry next but wanted to start here

Advertisement

simplystavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
tanabanana81
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best yarn to knit soakers/woolies

The thicker more dense the knitted fabric is the better it will serve as a waterproof cover. So I would recommend against a DK weight yarn and steer you towards Worsted or Bulky weight yarns. Also you'd want to stay away from Superwash wool because it doesn't repel liquid as well.

My favorite pattern is the Evie Pants all in one. It has soaker instructions as well as longie, shortie, and skirty instructions. With lots of options for cuff styles. Here's a Rav link - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...nts-all-in-one
tanabanana81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
LeahCorrine
Registered Users

My Mood:

Agree with Tanabanana81, Eviepants all in one is amazing. Totally worth the price of the pattern.

When buying yarn for woolies I always buy Cascade 220. I love working with it. However, I have also used Patons wool & lion brand wool. Both work nicely, I just prefer handling the Cascade. And Cascade has really pretty colors

My daughter is primarily in prefolds and longies so feel free to ask me if you have any other questions!
LeahCorrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
simplystavish
Registered Users

Thanks so much!! Really appreciate it! looking forward to trying the pattern. I have some cascade in my stash.
simplystavish is offline   Reply With Quote