Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
Sophia&Daria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I decided to be in the downstairs family room from now on. We will eat in the dinnette and they will nap in their room but other than that we will be downstairs that way hopefully their room, living room and kitchen will stay clean. Mess free. I'm going to take most toys downstairs and am not going to stress about getting their toyd put away. Thanks ladies.

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 under 3 and this mama is going insane

I'm glad these mamas had some suggestions for you. I don't have 3 under 3 but I have 5, 3, 2 and about to be 5, 4, 2, and newborn and some days it's all I can do to remain sane. I was going to suggest house limitations but that's been covered. I totally understand your husband overdoing it. I feel bad because I feel like I drive my husband to that sometimes because *I* am overwhelmed so I overwhelm him and he is stricter with the kids because of it.

My biggest is rest time. Mine go down every day after lunch, whether they sleep or not. I just need to have some "alone" time even if that means I'm reprimanding them for little things during that hour - 90 minutes.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!

Last edited by kannondicarpo; 10-03-2012 at 05:59 PM.
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mama!!!

Mine are older now - 5, 4, and 2 - but I was there and it is still hard some days.

Prime example is these last two weeks. I had a bad cold, but I kept going, and going. I ended up barely able to move and a nasty case of pneumonia. So now I'm in bed forced to slow down.

I think the restricting the area is an excellent idea. We used to have our family room gated off. Then within that area we had a HUGE panel thing that made a big circle. We used to call it "the baby thunderdome". It was the only way I felt safe to pee by myself.

Akkk! To the smearing the poop story.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
threec's
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I so appreciate this thread! I have 4, 2, 8 weeks. Most days I'm just surviving too! I do what I can, hate the dirty house, but try to focus on the kids! I'm working on potty training the two yr old, and the 8 week old has thrush and is miserable. Hopefully her meds will work quick!!

Last edited by threec's; 10-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.
threec's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL I have 3, 3 and under and I didn't even think about it! Def. limit access. I wouldn't even move them from the family area for naptime if you are that overhwhelmed. My twins are 3 and I have a 3 month old but once had 4 kids 4 and under so this almost seems easy. Eventually things will calm down, just hang in there.

I find that writing down everything I need to accomplish in the day helps. That way I can do things strategically I start my schedule with the things I can not CHANGE. Like pick kids up from school etc. I am also a writer and I have deadlines I can't change. Then I order the list of things in most important order and do the things that MUST get done first. Sometimes you have to be OK with not finishing everything on your list. That was hard for me to get used to.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My house is a mess - I had 3 - 3 and under at one time, now 4 - 6 and under...I can't keep up with their mess either...I just have to let it go. I saw a saying once about having a messy house is a sign that your house is lived in and full of love - it's not always easy to remember that and it bugs me a lot but we can't afford a nanny or even babysitter or maid/housekeeper at this time so I just have to deal with it...not much help here...just wanted you to know you're not completely alone - I've had poop on the walls and beds before too - pretty gross...sorry mama and hugs!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
Sophia&Daria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Life is tough. I noticed that i reach my "i am about to blow up" moment around 2 to 3 times a week.

I'm making tea and having a cookie.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #18
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

Do whatever you have to do to get through this stage. It will get easier. I don't have twins but I had two close in age while having 2 others under 7 at home. Can you hire a mother's helper a few hours a week? They are generally cheap...about $5-7/hr if you find a neighborhood 13-15 year old.

Also you have to let go as much as you can. Try to breathe and slow down and try to laugh at some of it. It's pure insanity and sometimes you just have to laugh!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia&Daria View Post
Life is tough. I noticed that i reach my "i am about to blow up" moment around 2 to 3 times a week.

I'm making tea and having a cookie.

I joined a stroller class last year. It has helped my mental health so much. I have it rigged that I can actually push all 3 in the stroller (which I had to do all summer when there was no preschool). But otherwise I do 1 or 2. It has helped my physically and emotionally. I've connected with other moms and I feel like I'm back in life again. Plus I've lost 10 lbs in the last year.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #20
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I did the stroller class too when my twins were little but it would be too hard now that I am pregnant, I cannot breathe after going up the stairs!

Having that "safe" room has saved me in times when I am going to loose it. I put the girls in the baby proofed room and sit on my stairs. We all feel like that sometimes, it is finding small ways to calm down. Lately one of my girls has been really beast-like. She is cutting molars and therefore angry at life in general. It can be really rough but some how we all get through it. I just have to ask, when is the last time you and your husband went out on a dinner date with out ANY children? I found that going out at least two times a month makes me feel sane and well connected to my love. Try to find little things that make you feel better.