Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #21
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 under 3 and this mama is going insane

It seems like it lasts forever but remember really this rough stage is so short, you can do it!

I know have a 5, 4, 20 months and am pregnant. I never had 3 under 3, but my oldest had just turned 3 when my 3rd was born. Survival mode is okay, a messy house is okay. Once I told myself (and others who were judgemental of my less than perfect house that my #1 job was caring for my kids and the house was secondary it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

The other thing that saved me was getting out of the house at least 2-3 times a week. We all needed a break from the house and logistically it's a little tricky but helped so much!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #22
Sophia&Daria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The last time I went out with hubby to a movie was around 2 months ago. Ee took the little one with us.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #23
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I meant getting out with the kids! I feel so much better when we can all get out for a bit even if it is as simple as a walk around the block.

Though getting out WITHOUT kids is nice too
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #24
babykp08
Registered Users
seller

Oh Mama! I'm sorry you are going through this. I have written this same post many times, although mentally because I could never find the time to get online I have four kids four and under, so I understand. I think you've gotten some really solid advice. I agree that limiting your kids access to the house is key. I try to keep my kids in the same room as me or in my direct line of sight at all the time. Our house is fairly open so this is simple. Also, get everyone on the same nap schedule if you can. This will give you some time to decompress. I can't do this anymore because my four year old and I do homeschool while the little ones rest, but found it very helpful last year when I was drowning. I used the time to tackle messes around the house, start dinner, fold laundry etc. which left me feeling like I had actually accomplished something for the day. Another thing I find useful is to get down on the floor and play with the kids, pile everyone on the couch to read, or snuggle up together and watch a cartoon. Sometimes my kids drive me crazy because I'm not focusing on the blessings that they are and am constantly distracted by what "has to happen" to run a household. Reconnecting in a focused way, even for a short time, fills up everyones love tanks and I find them more apt to play independently or be less whiny for a little while. Best of Luck!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Mine are all close in age too...and the only way i stayed sane was to limit the older girls to 2 rooms when the baby was little. Then i could leave that room and return to a clean kitchen, living room, etc... and not go totally crazy!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #26
lilac0226
Registered Users

I did not read all your posts but my heart goes out to you. I have a 6 year old son, 4 year old twin sons (22 months a part so I had 3 under 3 at one point) and now a 5 month old baby girl. I have lots of similar stories with my twins, dumping laundry powder and vinegar all over 3 loads of clean clothes. One of my favorite was about 2 years ago the twins got into a dozen eggs and were throwing them at the window inside and when their older brother tried to stop them they threw an egg at him. I was not home but my husband said our oldest came up to him with egg dripping off his head and told on them.

I hate the lack of sleep but I have to get them out of the house, usually my day goes better if I take them to a play place, children museum, park, on a walk. I have to break up the boredom because one of my twins is a terror, at almost 5 he still gets in to things and antagonizes.

Also a gym membership somewhere that has day care. I go to a really nice one that has a huge tube climbing thing and and activities for kids. Kids are allowed for up to 2 hours at a time while parents are in the gym. I do work-out but somedays I just go off and read a book, or sit in the hot-tube. It is just nice to have the option of getting a break anytime I want, plus my kids get warn out. I volunteer in the day care 4 hours a week to get a free membership, so in my case it is really worth it.

Good luck and take care, I feel your pain.
lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #27
Sophia&Daria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac0226
I did not read all your posts but my heart goes out to you. I have a 6 year old son, 4 year old twin sons (22 months a part so I had 3 under 3 at one point) and now a 5 month old baby girl. I have lots of similar stories with my twins, dumping laundry powder and vinegar all over 3 loads of clean clothes. One of my favorite was about 2 years ago the twins got into a dozen eggs and were throwing them at the window inside and when their older brother tried to stop them they threw an egg at him. I was not home but my husband said our oldest came up to him with egg dripping off his head and told on them.

I hate the lack of sleep but I have to get them out of the house, usually my day goes better if I take them to a play place, children museum, park, on a walk. I have to break up the boredom because one of my twins is a terror, at almost 5 he still gets in to things and antagonizes.

Also a gym membership somewhere that has day care. I go to a really nice one that has a huge tube climbing thing and and activities for kids. Kids are allowed for up to 2 hours at a time while parents are in the gym. I do work-out but somedays I just go off and read a book, or sit in the hot-tube. It is just nice to have the option of getting a break anytime I want, plus my kids get warn out. I volunteer in the day care 4 hours a week to get a free membership, so in my case it is really worth it.

Good luck and take care, I feel your pain.
I looked into a gym membership: an adult is $40, each child is $24. That's expensive! When you volunteer do you bring the kids with you?