Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

sales on minimalist kids' shoes (Merrell Glove, Vivobarefoot, 5 Fingers, etc)

Anyone know of any good sales on minimalist kids' shoes? DD needs a pair (size 1 kids) and all three of mine need winter boots.

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: sales on minimalist kids' shoes (Merrell Glove, Vivobarefoot, 5 Fingers, etc)

what is "minimalist kids' shoes" and how do they differ from regular shoes?
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

Re: sales on minimalist kids' shoes (Merrell Glove, Vivobarefoot, 5 Fingers, etc)

They're supposed to be close to barefoot in a nutshell. No or very very minimal heel, no interior padding (ie arch support), very flexible soles, ground feel (meaning if you step on a rock you'll be aware of it), and, hopefully, wide toeboxes so your toes can wiggle. Although I don't think Merrell's have very wide toe boxes. They're best for normal foot & gait development, and anything with a heel causes the pelvic to tip out of neutral and can lead to all sorts of back & neck problems down the road.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

hmm.. learn something new every day! I've never heard of them before. very interesting
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote