Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Switch stash for rolly baby??

If you find a diaper that makes changes easier let me know!

armywife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
He will grow out of it and run away insteas of roll away Where are you changing him? In that phase I would lay DD on the floor, pin her down with one of my legs ovee her torso and get it done as quickly as possible. Something like a ME Sandy that you could pull on might help, but you would need a cover still.
Kim wife to Kyle and mommy to Julia 2/15/2010 and Clara 5/7/2012
juliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #13
Registered Users

I'd wait it out a bit. Every diaper is going to be difficult to change at this point (some are obviously slightly less difficult than others). Give it a few weeks and re-evaluate...he will probably eventually learn the whole process goes by quicker if he stays still. In the meantime, I agree with giving him some interesting stuff to play with. My DD's favorites were the xbox controller, paperback books, a clicky pen, and really anything else that seems like a terrible thing to let a baby play with.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
Registered Users

There is always some challenge to changes. I agree with a special toy for changing but that doesn't always work. Baby will most likely outgrow this but then a new challenge will come up. If it were me, I'd get some easier diapers that I could resort to for the days I had just HAD it, but keep what I have. Also, if you are willing to do wool pull ons, they can be used even with an upside down baby. We too are in the rolling stage and they are indispensable for me these days.
Army wife and mom of 4
B - 8/05, E - 2/08, D - 1/10 and P - 2/12
McDMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
Registered Users

i was a pf/flats kinda girl when dfs got here and there was no way he was having that. like you said, it was a major battle and i need another battle like i need a hole in the head. i kept my pfs and flats and stuff them into some cheapo pockets and it is sooooo much easier!!! i even have snaps and it still is 100x easier.

pp mentioned pinning baby down on the floor and this did not work well for me. it is way easier to roll and crawl away on the floor than on a changing table with rails and a safety strap.
I, mama to dd A (3-08) dfs J (10/11) and in love with newbie dfd N! (10/13)
hopeful pre-adoptive foster family
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

My son is awful, and goes into a meltdown as soon as he realizes he is going on the changing pad. He is a very happy boy but hates diaper changes. Being able to stand assisted is his new trick so I have been letting him hold onto my shoulders and change him like that. For now he is excited to be standing and it distracts him.
mars817 is offline   Reply With Quote