Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Newborn diaper rash...

DD has had a rash on her bum (around her anus) basically since she was born. It's always been red and irritated. It bleeds lightly, off and on. She's exclusively BF. I was told by the nurses at the hospital when she was born that the rash was from my hormones leaving her body. The nurse at our doctor's office said something similar. I keep lathering on the rash cream. It doesn't help at all. She'll be two weeks old tomorrow and this is really getting old. I just want to give her some relief. I'm so tired of seeing blood on baby wipes. I know she's got to be so sore. I seriously hate changing her diapers because I know I'm hurting her. Has anyone dealt with anything similar? Any advice anyone might have is very welcomed! TIA

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

My DD had that same red ring around her anus. It was a dairy sensitivity. I cut out dairy products, and the ring cleared up in a couple of days.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Ditto the food allergy suggestion. I have a toddler and baby both with food allergies, and their ped always looks for the ring around the anus to see if they are currently reacting to something. The ring can also indicate any digestional upset caused by other factors such as thrush or a tummy bug.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn diaper rash...

All 3 of my kids had newborn rash. Most of my friend's kiddos had newborn rash. I think it is normal, though annoying.

We used Triple Paste and it cleared up super fast. A and D also works great (though not quite as fast), but it is not cloth diaper safe. At that point, I didn't care. Baby's skin was more important than cloth diapers to me, and we switched to sposies with ointment...rash gone in about 2 days.

There is also a great prescription called Riley Butt Cream that is amazing. However, it is expensive and has to be compounded. It is the one and only thing Medicaid has ever denied for my special needs son. They will pay $5,000 a month for his Peptamin Jr no question, but denied the $80 for the Butt Cream. He had C diff, and he was raw. DCS picked up the script cost for us.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 10-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote