Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

Re: Flips Full-Time?

i love my flips with the stay-dry inserts! i use them all day long and don't have an issue with the washing. now i'm wondering what i'm doing different...?

Advertisement

clnapoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #22
Jlg325j
Registered Users

I was a Full time FLIPs user for quite some time. I had an exclusive stash with only their inserts too. I liked them, but when given the chance to try others from friends. I loved BG AIO the most
Jlg325j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #23
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Love our flip covers with GMD reds snappi'ed underneath. We do a narrow fold so it's not bulky between DS's legs. The inserts don't impress me. He is a heavy wetter so they don't last very long and they do a terrible job with #2's. At least for our kid. The covers are great, but prefolds (or flats, I guess) underneath are a must.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #24
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is an interesting thread as I am thinking about buying a few Flips to us to use most of the time. If I were to use flats I would just fold them up (padfold) as I take them out of the dryer, that way they are ready for myself or DH to grab up when we need to change her. Might use the stay dry inserts or something a tad easier for the sitter...we shall see.
MommaTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #25
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

I've been pretty much only using Flips lately, but I prefer using padfolded flats during the day (trim) and the organic inserts at night. My LO doesn't have any sensitivities though and I've never tried the stay dry insert.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #26
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We use Flips a lot (with padfolded flats) but when I used them exclusively for a few days, it gave my DD some chafing on her chubby thighs from the binding. So I don't use them exclusively and I also wash the covers after every wet-wet change and only reuse if the bindings are totally dry (only lightly wet insert).
Old 10-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
qhorses8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was just using flips with stay-dry for the day and a pocket with flip organic for night, but he started out-wetting the flips at about 10?. months. So now I do a hemp babies insert under the stay-dry and it holds for awhile. Still in just a pocket with flip organic at nights.
qhorses8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #28
dannic
Registered Users

If you can sew even a bit, you could sew your fst into a padfold and sew some fleece on top of that...it would make it super easy to lay in a cover and if you had enough covers, you could even prestuff them.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #29
cher0105
Registered Users
seller

I use Flips a lot. I have found etsy to be a God send! I have ordered Flip-specific (usually 14x5) suede cloth topped zorb inserts, bamboo terry inserts, and fleece topped hemp inserts. I like all the WAHM stuff better than the StayDry inserts. With my next, I plan to use bamboo pfs as inserts as well.
cher0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #30
ArmyWifeBethany
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic
If you can sew even a bit, you could sew your fst into a padfold and sew some fleece on top of that...it would make it super easy to lay in a cover and if you had enough covers, you could even prestuff them.
I can't sew at all, but I love using FSTs and receiving blankets. I actually have her in a padfolded FST and Flip cover right now Her bottom seems to be okay so far...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum