Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylkeller
I had a 17 week loss last summer. I didn't know until my Dr appt and the US showed that he had just past since he was measuring right where he was suppose to. We still don't have a definite answer as to what happened as when he was born, he was perfectly formed and didn't show any signs of a defect. When I met with the perinatal Dr for this pregnancy, he explained that most likely our son passed from a chromosomal issue that happened after the 1st cell divide which would be why he appeared normal looking. I still don't know for sure what happened and probably never will this side of eternity.
We didn't get an answer either

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Those of you that have had late losses (10+ weeks)...

Eek. These are all such sad stories. I can't imagine ever having to deal with this. I just have to pray hard that God knows my heart. Our family has been through SO much in the last year. I'm not sure how much more we (or I) can handle. This is the gold at the end of a very long, and broken rainbow. I just can't imagine if something were to happen.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a loss between 9 and 11 weeks. At close to nine I saw a great heartbeat. At 11 weeks I had weird discharge. It wasn't really brown or red. It was hard to explain and I honestly try to forget. At that point I asked for an US and baby had died. Looking back I try to think I had a feeling it was coming. I try to pinpoint a day when I felt better and had a lack of symptoms, but honestly I had no idea. I had terrible morning sickness even a few days after my D&C. My boobs hurt for a long time after (was still nursing ds).
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #14
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My loss was later at 37 wks but as far as knowing anything was wrong b/f we knew she wouldnt live-no, I had no idea anything was wrong. I had regular pregnancy symptoms.

My sister had a loss at 17 wks in May. Everything was fine and she was having reg preg symptoms. One evening at work she started cramping and bleeding. By the end of her shift she wasn't bleeding but still cramping so she went to the ER. Her cervix had thinned so they were going to do an emergency cerclage. Right before they were going to take her back to do it her water broke and she delivered.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #15
leyash
Registered Users
seller

These stories are so scary. I can't imagine what I would do in a situation like this. This is our last baby. I just FEEL that it's our last baby. I don't think I can handle anymore. We had a chemical pregnancy in April of this year, and if anything (please God no) were to happen this time, i'm done. I can't do it anymore/again.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #16
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I think knowing THAT, that this is our last one, puts more stress on the situation. It just HAS to work out...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
mmskids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What are you feeling is normal. After 3 miscarriages (4 babies: one set of twins), I never stop worrying. Sitting here almost 30 weeks and I am still freaking out if I don't feel her move much.

However losing a baby after hearing the HB is rare and you have to keep telling yourself that. However it doesn't stop us from constantly monitoring the baby. I bought a doppler with my last rainbow baby. I was able to hear her every other day until I felt her kicking. We thought we were out of the woods and thankfully I knew something was wrong at 37w when she was "slowing" down, checked and her HB was going to 90. When she came out, she had a double knot in her cord. I never regretted buying the doppler after that .

If you are stressing about it, call your OB. They usually allow extra doppler checks and even some can sneak in u/s. Extra stress isn't good either.. hugs
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #18
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
Those of you that have had late losses, 10 weeks or later...

Did you ever "know" something was wrong?
Did you have the typical morning sickness and stuff?
Did your symptoms vary at all throughout the pregnancy?
What was the first sign that you were miscarrying?

I know, I need to not worry... however, it scares me to death. I am 9 weeks, and though I am nearing the second trimester, this doesn't make me feel better for some reason. We saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound... and hoping we can hear it next week with the doppler at the doctor.
It was my first pregnancy so I didn't know anything was wrong until looking back on it. Yes, I had MS but not to the degree I did with later pregnancies. I think the most profound thing looking back is that my breasts weren't sore like they were in later pregnancies. First sign was spotting, that happened long before I began cramping. I hadn't had an u/s yet, that wasn't supposed to happen until the day after I actually miscarried. I was 14w along, my dr dropped the ball BIG time here. Light pinchy cramps are totally normal and after you hear/see the hb the possibility of mc decreases drastically. I understand how you feel, I was always terrified after that. And if it makes you feel better, with my second son I had no symptoms at all except for being really tired (but I had a 3month old baby too! No m/s, no sore breasts, nothing. He was my easiest pregnancy. If I hadn't had the belly I would have been on the "I didn't know I was pg" show. Hopefully you are just going to enjoy a really easy pregnancy with your last, mama.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #19
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
It was my first pregnancy so I didn't know anything was wrong until looking back on it. Yes, I had MS but not to the degree I did with later pregnancies. I think the most profound thing looking back is that my breasts weren't sore like they were in later pregnancies. First sign was spotting, that happened long before I began cramping. I hadn't had an u/s yet, that wasn't supposed to happen until the day after I actually miscarried. I was 14w along, my dr dropped the ball BIG time here. Light pinchy cramps are totally normal and after you hear/see the hb the possibility of mc decreases drastically. I understand how you feel, I was always terrified after that. And if it makes you feel better, with my second son I had no symptoms at all except for being really tired (but I had a 3month old baby too! No m/s, no sore breasts, nothing. He was my easiest pregnancy. If I hadn't had the belly I would have been on the "I didn't know I was pg" show. Hopefully you are just going to enjoy a really easy pregnancy with your last, mama.
Oh, it's not easy by any means. I have all of the symptoms. Headaches, sore boobs, seeing spots, extreme fatigue, and horrific morning sickness that lasts all day long. Throwing up several times a day most days. I just have an irrational fear of something happening. I just want to be into the second trimester. I think that will set me a LITTLE more at ease.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #20
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Losses were 2 at 15 weeks, 1 at 12 weeks. My boobs stopped hurting, but I thought that was normal. No other symptoms really.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote