Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
taylor's mom
Registered Users
need good nighttime dipes

i'm looking for something that will work well overnight for my heavy wetter, belly sleeping son. i never found anything that worked well with his older brother for the overnight, so we've been using huggies overnights. up till recently they were doing the trick, but now that ds i sbelly sleeping, he has a wet bed every morning . we have fb sized dipes mostly, and i've been using double stuffed kawaii night dipes for the baby overnight. not sure if the kawaiis would hold up to the amount ds pees overnight though, even double stuffed. any suggestions?

Crunchy Mama to Taylor 11/05, Aaron 6/09, Lucas 11/10, Hannah 7/12, and 3 precious angels in heaven.
taylor's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Registered Users
I think you may have to ditch the pockets for night time. We have had good luck using a trifolded prefold paired with a hemp or bamboo insert in a cover or 3 hemp or bamboo inserts laid in a cover. Pockets seem to allow moisture to wick out onto sheets. I know a lot of mamas swear by fitteds and a good cover or wool for night.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Users
I had a hard time with my belly sleeping heavy wetter too. I finally had luck with a flip cover with a hemp doubler, mf insert, and flip stay dry insert closest to her skin in that order. It's bulky but doesn't bother her for sleeping.
Mom to 2 girls... 3yo and 9 months
Check out my sports covers
Magoo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
Registered Users
I found a flip worth a flip organic works for my belly sleeper. I like the extra pul on the top inside and think that helps with belly sleeping and prevents wicking on the pjs. I have hemp doublets to add if I need but the organic holds enough for us right now!
ahess529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
Registered Users
Re: need good nighttime dipes

Bamboo fitteds are best overnight. My fave is SBish (sustainablebabyish) snap fitteds. They come with a petal style soaker and a booster. It's bulky but it works great for my heavy wetting diaper. She gets soaked pjs if she's in a sposie, so this is the only thing that works for us.
-Katie, aka Mama Pea to 4 year old boy/girl twins and a 1 year old baby girl

I'm owner and operator of 3 Sweet Peas, cloth diaper WAHM shop on Etsy. Hand dyed bamboo fitted diapers and wool interlock covers, and more.
3SP Etsy
3SP Facebook
kbevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
We have been doing well with the Kawaii GNHW stuffed with a Flip organic insert and a Thirsties hemp insert. It makes DS bootylicious but it works! We have also used Goodmama fitteds with a hemp doubler and a Disana soaker, which worked pretty well. My DS is a HW, too, peeing out of the Huggies Overnights about 25-30% of the time. Good luck, mama, nights can be frustrating.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote