Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help!! Not sure where to go now.....

We my DD turned 4 in September and our PL history is long but pretty uneventfull.....
I started introducing trainers to her when she was 2-3 yrs. She has never gone potty in the toilet but will sit at daycare when the other kids go. She holds it and goes in her pants. At home we will put on lighter gerber trainers or IV's but she just wets through them onto the furniture. Obviously it does not bother her to be wet or poopie and I am so tired of cleaning up her accidents or fighting her to change her messy pants. I know she knows when she needs to go but for whatever reason (power, fear, convenience) she won't go in the potty no matter the offer of prize or praise. She's pretty strongwilled anyway so this doesn't really surprise me too much. We have let up on the potty talk and I have told her that it's her decision to make when she will use the potty. Good things will happen when she does but it's up to her.
I've been putting her into her BG elementals a lot lately since A. they fit B. they're waterproof and C. they're trim D. I have a lot of them. I truly have loved them. We have had a mix of mother goose design, Imse Vimse, Gerber and Flip trainers over this time but she is now reaching the point that she is growing out of all of them or she is holding her pee and once she goes they leak (flip's) pretty bad. We really only use the flip's during the day. She goes to daycare and they won't use the non waterproof trainers like IV's until she is actively training. Which I can understand. My question is where to go next?
Do I just keep putting the BGE's on her and wait to buy some larger training pants when she is really ready? Do I buy a larger size more absorbant trainer....virtually a pull up diaper? If so what are some options? Do I bite the bullet and put her in some non-waterproof trainers with bummies covers?
Sorry this is so long but I feel like we've been PL'ing so long and it's frustrating to see that she can hold it for so long and has control that way but won't use the potty. I don't want to spend a fortune on a new stash of learners but need her to be dry at school during the day and not put the burden of changing her wet cloths often all on them.
Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help!! Not sure where to go now.....

anyone???
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Hmmm... she truly doesn't care if she's wet/dirty? Nothing works? I might seek out a consult from a professional, beginning with your ped, potentially a child psychologist. There are medical conditions that can cause these issues, and I personally would want to rule that out due to lack of any significant progress over 1-2 years in a child who sounds otherwise healthy and intelligent. Good luck!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
agardenfull
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Personally, I would put her in a pull-up, I know, gasp, but really I would. Children are all different and I had one that couldn't care less ~ wet, dry, She is healthy and fine and over 20 today without any PL issues at all I had to delay her training, she just didn't get it and didn't care so as parents what do we do? What we can. I have to say I wouldn't read into it My youngest started off with a bang and then interest faded and popped him right back in a dipe, 5 months later it clicked (on his own) and he has no problems waiting or through the night, just want to encourage
agardenfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if she really has no interest, the BG fit and the DC will use the diapers on her id probably keep using those. yes, you can buy waterproof trainers(i custom size up to size 14 youth) but until she is *trying* i think it would just make a big mess, especially if she poops. id be inclined to mention it to the ped at the next visit but idk how concerned id be if shes an early 4.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for your responses. I mentioned in in September at her well child and the Dr. didn't seem too concerned. She told me not to make life agonizing for my by keeping her in undies and constantly changing clothes/sheets ect. I'm putting all her current trainers on FOST as she's grown out of them and now need to buy something else. Daycare does not like using the BGE's so I'm needing a waterproof pull up that absorbs like a diaper. Sounds great huh?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Nat4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am brand new to CD, so I'm afraid I don't have much advice to offer as far as that goes. But I was so relieved to read your post. My daughter will be 4 in January, and she is doing almost the exact same thing. We've been potty training for about 10 months now, but she absolutely does not care one way or the other, and most of the time just goes in her pants. I'm so frustrated! It was so nice to read your post and other's comments and realize I'm not the only one with similar issues. :-) So thanks!

Good luck! I hope it improves soon!
Nat4 is offline   Reply With Quote