Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
KEandThree
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
eBay....wwyd?

I dont buy from ebay often but found a really cute lot of fall clothes. The listing stated that it was a 6-9 month lot...in the title, in the description, everything. All says 6-9 months. I received the package over the weekend and its all 3-6 months except for the pants which are 6-12. What the heck do I do? My DD is 5 months already wearing 6-9 months clothes....hence the purchase. She cant wear these. I dont know the ins and outs of BSTing on ebay.... Ive emailed her asking whats up with the wrong sizing....but other than that I dont know what to do??? Oh...her listing states no returns...

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: eBay....wwyd?

You should be able to file as "item not as described" with PayPal. It doesn't matter if the listing says no returns - pp's buyer protection overrides that.

First, I would ask her for the resolution that you would like (I assume that you will want to return them since you can not use them?). You can ask her to pay for your return shipping, but pp will most likely have you pay that unless you are able to convince them to side with you and pay the return shipping. Make sure you get DC when sending them back. You should get your entire original purchase price back, including shipping.

Hopefully someone else will chime in who knows for certain, but I think you will want to file with pp to be sure you are protected when you send the items back.

That stinks! It's not hard to look at a size tag and list the correct sizes
Old 09-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yea file as not as described & wait for instructions on returning. Did she have lot of 3 to 6 month lot as well? Might have just mixed packages. That's what happened to me but my seller had fedex pick up from me & send to right person & mine from whoever it went to so it got to me without an actual return just like forward. See if u get reply from seler. Paypal would say seller directly then through paypal.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

What I would do if it wasn't much money would be to take the loss. I did this with a lot of suits I bought for my son only the suits in question were too large for my son. The seller acted like she had done me a favor and I was being ungrateful for questioning the sizes. I bought them 4 years ago and finally used them 2 years ago.

I would reccomend a different course of action though from what I would do. If the seller does not want to make it right I think you should file with paypal.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

First, I would let her know that I wanted to return them for a full refund. If she is not fully willing, I would let her know that pp will give a full refund when you send them back because they are not as described. If she still is not cooperative, I would file with pp/ebay and let them figure it out. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
KEandThree
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! I will wait to hear back from her to see what she says before I file, if I decide to.

I looked through her store and there wasnt any other clothing listings, just a bunch of comics. So I doubt there was a mix up. The pants and jacket fit, just the tees that are too small. So I may end up just keeping it. Its gymboree, so its good quality stuff...I may be able to use it for the next baby

So if I keep it, what kind of feedback should I leave?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEandThree
Thanks! I will wait to hear back from her to see what she says before I file, if I decide to.

I looked through her store and there wasnt any other clothing listings, just a bunch of comics. So I doubt there was a mix up. The pants and jacket fit, just the tees that are too small. So I may end up just keeping it. Its gymboree, so its good quality stuff...I may be able to use it for the next baby

So if I keep it, what kind of feedback should I leave?
I would wait to see how/if she responds and the situation plays out before deciding feedback.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, she should give you a full refund. I sell on ebay and this is what I would do.

People do make mistakes esp if listing a lot of items, so I'm sure she will feel bad. Everyone gets that you cannot fit a 5 month old into 3-6 month clothes for long if the lot you bought was supposed to be 6-9!

This just happened to me with a lot of 3 that I was ISO for a long time. They were listed at 2T, I know they run small, so figured they would fit/even be a little big on LO for this winter(he is 10 months). Well, one item was 12-18m, other two were 3T!! Completely off. As I liked the brand I asked for a partial refund.......let's not even talk about the unmentioned pen stain and pilling........I'm way too nice a buyer, another one would have left bad fb, but she did make it right which is what matters.

GL, I'm sure she will take care of it.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
KEandThree
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So she offered to refund me, but I would have to pay to ship it back to her. I think I will just keep it. Don't want to deal with the hassle of sending it back and waiting for a refund. Should I ask for a partial refund since it wasn't accurately described? Or should I just suck it up and leave it alone??? I hate these kind of situations, Im not very good at them!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEandThree
So she offered to refund me, but I would have to pay to ship it back to her. I think I will just keep it. Don't want to deal with the hassle of sending it back and waiting for a refund. Should I ask for a partial refund since it wasn't accurately described? Or should I just suck it up and leave it alone??? I hate these kind of situations, Im not very good at them!
It depends... Do you want to keep them and use them? Would you rather have the money back to purchase something that will work for you? Neutral since she's offering to refund you but in my opinion, if it is the sellers fault, they should at least offer to pay return shipping.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote