Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Potty training help!!

DS1 is 3 1/2. He is entirely capable and comfortable with sitting on the toilet. He is dry all the time. He has no communication issues...but he will NOT poop on the potty

What this leads to is constipation, then miralax per the pedi, then small soft turds in his undies 5x a day or even better, he takes them off and sticks them somewhere in his room/around the house

His room stinks like poo now. I dont know what to do. sometimes, he will poop in a small plastic potty in his room during naps, but sometimes he wont. And he is really to tall for that potty anyways!

Help please!!

Advertisement

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Maybe try putting the little potty somewhere private where he is relaxed...in a secluded corner or in front of the TV. Would he poop in a diaper? I would offer him a diaper when he needs to go rather than letting him get constipated by holding it in. He will get past it eventually and in his own time.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty training help!!

I keep the little potty in his room so he always has it available but he only uses it sometimes. I hate seeing him constipated, trying to find the right dose of miralax to keep it manageable without having a mess/him not having some control.

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Potty training help!!

On his regular potty, do his feet reach a stool or the floor? It's awful to try and poop with your legs 'hanging'. DD1 was pee trained for MONTHS before we got the poop down. I was getting so frustrated, then one day she just started doing it... We have 2 or 3 different books that talk about pooping and peeing in the potty that she loved to read. When she would have an accident we would talk casually about how we go poop in the potty, not our underwear, then flush the poop and wave bye bye. She would never hold it though, just go in her panties... that's awful he gets so constipated, poor baby...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote