Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
bobbyjk
Registered Users

My Mood:
DD banging head when upset :(

My DD will be 2 in a few days. She hasn't been one to throw tantrums really and was easily distractable when upset. However, the past two weeks I've noticed more and more that when she is upset she will throw back her head to hit it on whatever is there (me, the carseat, etc). I've noticed she mostly only does this when I'm holding her and she can't be down or playing with a certain item for whatever reason. The first few times she did it I would say "No, we don't hurt mommy" but now she's done it a couple of times against other things and I"m worried she'll hurt herself. I tried to ignore it today and laid her on the ground to work it out, but she just hit her head harder...then started crying cause she hurt her head. She's extremely verbal for her age, so I feel like to a certain degree she can express herself. She knows how to say I'm frustrated etc. as I try to help her with her feelings in different situations "You are mad. You are sad."

Any advice? (note the irony)

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
I'd emphasize with my kids that you don't hurt yourself and then I'd walk away. Their choice to bang their head on the floor.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote