Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Registered Users
Overnight dipes for a newbie...

This baby boy will be my first cloth babe- he is due in December. I see tons of threads on here and talk elsewhere about overnight diapers and finding a solution that keeps your LO dry all through the night. I have a big newborn stash but it does not include any overnight diapers. My OS/bigger stash doesn't either but it will when the time comes Do newborns really need overnight diapers. I know all babies wet differently and I will have to really decide things when he gets here and I know how big of a wetter he is. But what should I be prepared for? How often should I change him at night? What diapers should I try for bedtime on my newb? Thanks!

Nixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Registered Users
For the first couple weeks, we changed at every feeding at night because they would poo too. Once that stopped, I would change at every other feeding for a bit until I felt like that was waking them up more. I would say by 6 weeks we were mostly done with overnight changes.

We used Kissaluvs 0s at first but that didn't work so well this time with DD. I would just suggest you use something in the beginning that is easy to put on so you can do it in the dark. Once you get idea of what baby needs and what you like, you will have an idea of what you're looking for.

Good luck!
mama to C (1/9/10) and I (7/11/12)
I knit woolies and dye yarn FB Etsy Bitty Fluff Hyena Cart
I also carry Bee Green Naturals wool wash products on my HC store
superfox is offline   Reply With Quote