Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I can't beleive it....

DDC--holy cow. I am so sorry.

I can't believe your bank is doing that. We had our bank account hacked and $600 in charges. Our bank watched the account called me at work to tell me when the charges went through, had all the paper work ready for me to sign by that morning and they put all the money back into our account by that afternoon.

We never had to file a police report or anything.

If that was my bank I would totally be changing banks.

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts

They withdrew it all this afternoon. the bank said that you should never use a bank card to purchase anything online, to only use credit cards. When you purchase online using your bc the business gets all your acct info...?
This Is a great reason To Get a debit card and only use it for withdrawing cash. Credit cards offer way more protection in terms of fraud. Even vendors you know Can wreak havoc on a bank account. I know over in the thrifty forums everyone thinks credit cards are evil. But honestly it's just about using them wisely. Good luck getting everything straightened out!
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I'm so sorry for this awful situation you find yourself in! I hope you get resolution and the assistance you need in the meantime.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am thinking y'all are right about getting a new bank....my sister was telling me that her bank contacted her about some out of state charges...wondering if they were hers..she said they were not and they refunded her account...no questions asked..no police report ..investigation crap.

Eta..we don't have renters insurance unfortunetly. But we won't starve...we have too many dear friends for us to go hungry in the coming week(s). they wouldn't let a pregnant woman starve..lol

Last edited by roseyroberts; 10-03-2012 at 09:41 PM.
roseyroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #15
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yep, my bank called us when we had charges from out of state. We informed them that it was us on vacation!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

This happened to me a few months ago. I called each place where a charge was made and explained the situation. Every single one was extremely accomadating, required nothing faxed, and refunded to my account within 48 hours.

There were 11 different charges placed - flowers, air line tickets, dating sites and shopping.

My bank wouldn't do anything either, but refunded the overdraft fees after they saw the police report.

I immediately switched to a national bank, instead of my small home town bank. National banks have precautions in place to catch these things.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #17
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My bank contacts me when I have odd activity too. I had transactions (small ones) in 3 different cities (very close to each other, but different nonetheless) in the same day and then a very large charge that night (our new appliances). Chase contacted me to make sure they were all mine.

OP--I am so so so sorry that this happened to you and I pray it is resolved quickly for you

ETA--last year we also had a random charge show up on our bank account. We called the company and they refunded immediately(the refund actually posted before the charge!). The bank would have reversed it if the company wasn't willing.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!

Last edited by Fishie Kisses; 10-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #18
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

At chase, someone across the country wiped out our a count. To the last $xx that needed to stay in the account to keep it open. We wre furious. Police could do nothing (across statelines) chase obviously needed to investigate (aka as take 10 days to determine it was fraud) and they locked our back account. So the immediate day after this happened, DH got paid and we forgot. We had no access to it!!!! We were irrate. Immediately closed the account. Forever. Obviously they required NO id from someone to empty our accounts???? Over 3,000!!!

I'm still grumpy. Lol. But now we use usaa and they are Amazeballs. Chase sucked!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #19
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

^^ Chase does suck. But I promise I won't hijack and give you my sob stories...

OP I am SO SORRY!!
I would definitely switch. We switched to a credit union a couple years ago and they are amazing at catching this sort of thing, I get a cal within minutes (sometimes seconds) of someone trying to make a suspicious charge!

I can only slightly feel your pain. In the last few months I've more or less framed in a check fraud scam, had someone try to order $1k of computer equipment on my debit card, had my email hacked, my fb hacked, my paypal hacked, and my amazon hacked where someone ordered a few hundred of apple stuff. But nothing as devastating as what you are facing!!! Again, I am SO sorry. This is just the sort of thing a pg mama doesn't need!!!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #20
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncegrl View Post
Wow. I would suggest as soon as you get through this, get a new bank. I have had someone steal from me a couple of times now and I have never been treated this way by my bank. Especially if the charges are in another state...really? U can't be in 2 places at once. I'm sorry this happened to u. It can be so frustrating and stressful! I hope u get everything worked out quickly!
I agree that you should get a new bank. I am not sure which company you use, but Bank of America immediately credits your account back when you are victim of fraud. They don't even wait for proof. (Of course if you lie about it you get in big trouble) It happened to me once when I left my debit card in the ATM. The person withdrew the maximum amount and then bought gas and other stuff. My bills bounced. It sucked. But the bank put my account back at what it was and the bill companies were pretty understanding. I would give them a call and let them know what happened. Anyway, I am so sorry this happened to you! It's an awful infuriating feeling!
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote