Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: dh threw away a diaper!

My dh HATES cloth and would also always put on a disposable if he did a change. I did what some suggested and stopped buying them so he just went to Target and bought them himself. Even thought he hates them he has never put one in the garbage. If he changed a dirty diaper he always just left it in the bathroom for me. I can't believe he actually put it in the garbage, even my dh knew better than to ever do that.

Tara SAHM to L 5/07 H 1/09 C 2/12

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have everyone put poop ones into the bathtub. My bathroom is too small or I'd have a small Paul with liner to put them in instead. Unless they really stink, I take care of them shortly before washing. I wash everyday. DH wasn't sure about cloth when we started with ydd (he understood when I started with yds because it was a step toward PTing) but he would never throw away a cloth diaper even then. He'd just use sposies if we had them. Now though he loves not buying sposies and we still have 2 unopened packages of size 3 under our daughters bed.
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
Registered Users
It's not your fault for forgetting! He threw it away! And his comment about it going out Monday because you didn't deal with it sounds spiteful. I'd ask him what his real problem with cloth is. It's just as easy to toss into a wetbag than a trash can.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:
That was really... common of him! He could have left it anywhere for you to deal with later. Even my 3 year old knows that diapers don't go in the trash! That makes me really angry on your behalf!
Heather, Wifey to Eric, Mommy to Logan, Magnolia and Stella

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #25
Registered Users

Originally Posted by mars817 View Post
Yea he really doesn't care He did tell me so on that account it is my fault for forgetting but he could have put it somewhere else. I don't mind handling the poo, I just forgot. He knows how to use them, we switched because my son was having utis, but since he has been fine dh doesn't think we need them anymore. Now that I know more I like that he doesn't have a ton of nasty chemicals on him. I like using fitteds, but my mil (watches him while I work) likes pockets so I have a ton of those ready to go, he has not excuse just likes sposies better.
well, yes, you forgot to clean it but I bet if it had been left in a bathroom and not in a trash can that it wouldn't have been tossed. That's just a ridiculous place to put something that is not trash, I would be really upset about that as it was a pretty disrespectful move, and um.... he isn't having UTIs anymore because he's in cloth- it worked, why go backwards? thats just not a logical argument on his part.
Wife, Mother, WAHM, and cding nut!
DD 1-27-09 DS 6-8-11
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:
I'm sorry mama but your thread has made a little less annoyed by the poopy diaper left for me on the bathroom sink when I came home from work tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
SarahMarried to D 8*22*10Mother to C 12*08 & E 4*11
supermansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:

I think I would probably throw out all the disposables.
ISO: Guess How Much I Love You clothing, bedding, diapers. IHA: GMD yellow prefolds, Thirsties Duo Diapers size 1, girly wool and Paypal
MamaJosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
Registered Users
My Mood:

wow... I'm sorry but thats just rude. He could have put it in a bag and tied it up or something. I would have been so mad
rivershere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #29
Registered Users

Yep, cut the sposie budget to replace the cloth diaper that got tossed.

I lost a Flip! with an organic insert once. I think it got accidently thrown away at church or grandmas house (it was in a grocery bag, tied up, dirty). Someone probably thought it was a sposie and tossed it. I wanted to cry. DH cheered my up by buying me some pretty wetbags for the diaper bag so it didn't happen again. Totally different situation, but losing a diaper is always sad.
Nicole; spunky, sassy mama to my two little wild ones: Logan (9-08) and Liam (11-10) and Grayson (12-12)
I blog about the hilarity that comes along with raising my boys!
nicolemariep is offline   Reply With Quote