Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
youngmammay
Registered Users

tips for catching pees?

i've been ec'ing since my 17 month was 10 days old. since about 10 months old we have been pottying him for poops fairly successfully. he is cloth diapered most of the time and we potty him after meals which seems to work best for poop. pees have been much harder to do predictably. i've been trying to do more diaper free time, and he says pee! when he pees on the floor. he will also go sit on his potty when i ask him to, but just for a second (he is always on the go). he rarely pees in the potty though. any suggestions? i'm ready to try a different approach. we've been pretty laidback the whole time, but with baby #2 on the way, i'm ready to catch some more pee.

Advertisement

youngmammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Veg's Dragonflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: tips for catching pees?

Sounds like a typical kid. Just be patient, in about 5 months he'll be doing it on his own. Try rewards for now though.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
R055ANA
Registered Users

Re: tips for catching pees?

Hi there Youngmammay!

Congrats on baby #2 and glad to hear your DS is doing so well w/ poops.

It is awesome you are offering him diaper free time and he will point to the pee and say it.

I know it is so hard to get them to sit on the potty for more than .23 seconds because they are always on the go, go, go. Could you try to bring the potty to him where he is playing or offer him special toys which will hold his interest long enough to sit, relax and use the potty?

My co-mentor in our diaperfreebaby group uses Dixie cups. They work great for her and her son. She lets him stand to pee where he is and just pulls down his pants. The cups are also terrific when they are out and he doesn't want to use a public toilet, they are so portable.

Another thing that might help is to let him go pee w/ daddy.

Best wishes and keep us posted!
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote