Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

How do you know when Gymboree and Old Navy have the best sales?

Without having to check the website every single day?

Also, how do you use Gymbucks to get the best deals? I read about people stacking them with sales, but don't Gymbucks have expiration dates? Like there is a good (I think?) sale at Gymbo right now, but if I order now, the Gymbucks I receive won't work by the time my stuff comes, because if I understand it right, the Gymbucks sale ends on Sunday.

I am strictly referring to online stores. We have no actual Gymbo stores for 100 miles.

Could someone dumb it down for me? Thanks!

Advertisement

Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

First, sign up for emails. They will send out an email about every sale.

If you made a perchance now, I'm not completely sure you would receive any gymbucks. They usually do not issue them during the redemption time. Don't quote me on this, though, you would need to maybe call a store and ask if they are issuing gymbucks for current purchases.

Next, they issue gymbucks on purchases for a period of time, then you have a ten day window to redeem them, and the redemption dates are on the gymbucks. So if they did issue you a gymbuck for shopping now, it would not be valid to use for at least a month.

Unfortunately, the absolute best sales are only found in store. Although they have decent sales online, the online backstock will not include the old, out of season stuff that is the cheapest. Their best sales are the Red Balloon Sale, which happens twice a year and is all off season, old stuff for $7.99 and under. I would almost suggest calling a store that has a big back stock during these sales and pay the $8ish to have stuff shipped to you. If you go to gymbohaven.com you can get an idea of what to have them look for. It will all be summer stuff in January (so next January look at the lines from this summer) and in July winter stuff. I use these sales to clothe my children. Also, ALWAYS use a 20% coupon. Pretty easy to find them. Just keep in mind, if you do earn gymbucks, you cannot combine them with a coupon.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you know when Gymboree and Old Navy have the best sales?

Thank you.

So the Red Balloon Sale you mentioned is not online, only stores?

Also, you mentioned a 20% coupon easy to find....Where? I googled it with no luck....
Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29
Thank you.

Also, you mentioned a 20% coupon easy to find....Where? I googled it with no luck....
The 20% off coupons are typically found in magazines. Right now is a gym buck redemption period do you will not earn gym bucks at this time. Like the pp said, the best sales are in store but if you shop the sales online shop the sale right away for the best selection. The red balloon sale is also online but there isn't a very good selection online since it typically includes older lines.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29
Thank you.

They do the sale online, but because it is newer stuff, it is not marked down as far. The old stuff is usually 99 cents for accessories, $2.99 for shirts, $4.99 for shoes, and $7.99 for pants, dresses, coats, sweaters, etc. Shorts very in the January sale, but are usually $3.99-4.99.

Usually the Family Fun magazine has a coupon, but not always. I think the mag is $4 in store, but you can also occasionally find a subscription for free. Sometimes Parents magazine has one, too, and that's another you can find for free. Also, check their website, often times they offer a coupon for subscribing to their emails or texting something to their number to receive texts from them. I've used various emails to get a coupon when needed.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

If you sign up as a "Gymboree Rewards" member you get emails regularly regarding sales. Old Navy sends me emails as well...I'm not sure how I signed up, maybe just by ordering. I get Parenting and Parents magazines and at least one usually has a 20% off coupon. Unfortunately, I usually have to drive to the actual store to get the best deals. Online I pay tax (closest Gymbo is in PA with no tax) and shipping and the clearance is usually picked over. Our closest store is 50 miles away but I can usually justify the trip because Trader Joes is right down the street and I try to shop there once a month. I believe Gymbo will do a 30% off Black Friday sale online and it can be stacked with a coupon plus doorbuster specials.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also at Gymbo if you are redeeming gymbucks you cannot also use the 20% off coupons.
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
smores
Registered Users

Parenting has the gymbo coupons often and I paid I think $10 for 3 years of it when i signed up on their site.

As for Old Navy sales, try to wait until Black Friday if you can for winter clothes. Stuff goes fast so wake up around 5-6am and buy buy buy. SO cheap!
smores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hands down, the best time to shop gymboree is at the end of the big red balloon sale and at the beginning of gymbucks redemption time which always overlap. And I stress the very beginning of gymbucks because all the really low priced sale stuff will be gone fast, especially online. I do most of my shopping online because the closest store is an hour and a half away and it's tiny. They never have any good stuff there, but I still get great deals shopping online. But if you do it that way, you're pretty much forced to buy for the following season of whatever clothing you're buying since the best deals are the sale stuff and it's halfway through the current season already. Also wanted to add that you cannot stack coupons with gymbucks. It's not allowed. Gymbucks is essentially already a 50% off coupon though if you use them right. Another time you can get decent sales through them is when they do the circle of friends thing which is typically a 30% off code and they mark down a lot of stuff. Not as good as gymbucks or brb but still can get some good deals. And like the others said, sign up for the gymboree rewards thing. They will send you coupons every couple months and will email you when there are good sales.

Old Navy typically has the best deals when they do their end of season clearance sales (there is usually a 20+% off coupon out at the time as well) or black friday (I've only had a coupon that worked with BF once so you're pretty much counting on the deals then, but they're usually pretty good.) BF isn't that far into winter so you can shop for the current season, but pretty much shopping any really great sales is going to pay off the most if you buy ahead.

Last edited by peaches330; 10-04-2012 at 06:27 PM.
peaches330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Okay, so maybe I am just being dumb about this...Doesn't each gymbuck have its own certain date range that you have to use it during? So if I buy all my kids winter clothes during the end of the Big Red Balloon sale and gymbucks redemption overlap period in July, will my gymbucks I earned from summer shopping in the January prior (during that Big Red Balloon/Gymbucks redemption overlap period) still be any good?

Sorry for all the questions. I love Gymbo and ON stuff but hate shopping. We need to keep costs down and our local thrift store only seems to carry stuff that is stained or torn. The other alternative here is Walmart, and the jeans and PJs seem fine but everything else I get there wears out before the season is even over, so I have to rebuy. I am wanting to do kids shopping just twice a year if possible, keep it as simple as I realistically can while saving a decent amount. Thanks!

Last edited by Melinda29; 10-04-2012 at 06:18 PM.