Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #21
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When I work days, I'm gone before anyone else gets up. Those days, they have cereal and fruit, waffles or yogurt and a croissant. ODS doesn't cook yet, so they're pretty limited as to what he can make when he's babysitting.

When I work nights, I'm home at 7am and will usually make them a hot breakfast.

Weekends are dh's domain and he does pancakes, eggs, hashbrown and bacon/sausage - we continued my parents' tradition and dh loves it. :-)

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #22
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you regularly cook breakfast for your family??

We do cereals (not junk!), oatmeal from scratch, or toast with jelly, butter, or just cinnamon. We save big "breakfasts" for easy weeknight suppers. BTW, I might would do bigger breakfasts if my dh was home in the mornings, but he leaves well before we are up.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #23
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Nope, only Saturday mornings do we have a bigger cooked breakfast. Other mornings before the kids start school is quick things like healthy cold cereals or quick-cooking oatmeal. Two eggs SOMETIMES, that cooks up pretty quick to go with toast.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #24
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Normally we do. Either DH or I.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #25
smores
Registered Users

No, but I have a recent egg allergy so I quit cooking breakfast around then. We have toast, yogurt, cereal and if DH wants to cook breakfast meats or biscuits or the like, sometimes he does on the weekends.
smores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #26
SkyeSpade
Registered Users
seller

I only cook a breakfast if DH will be up (he works 3rds) or if ODS requests it. Which is rare. Sometimes I'll make muffins the night before too, though. I'm not a morning person.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #27
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

When the kids were small I would try to make breakfast every morning but my husband and kids alike would gripe and moan they just wanted cereal so I finally stopped. Now I am lazy and only cook breakfast if we are out of cereal and there are no leftovers. My preference is for leftovers so I try to make sure some are on hand.

My kids will eat oatmeal but I cannot stand it. Nasty horse food!!

I hope I don't offend. I do on occasion make oatmeal with diced apples, nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, sugar, and molasses. My husband and kids will eat it. They love it. I do not. I don't even like oatmeal cookies.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
spencerrn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I cook a HOT breakfast for my kids everyday. Scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, pancakes, waffles, french toast, egg sandwiches, omelet, breakfast casserole, etc. Cold cereal is a special treat around here. I never make breakfast for dinner though.
spencerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #29
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I cook breakfast (eggs, pancakes, bacon, waffles, etc.) once or twice during the week. Most of the time I make 'refrigerator oatmeal' the night before so DH has something easy and nutritious to feed them while I sleep in.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #30
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Cereal here is for weekends (and DH) its too expensive to have all the time with the way my kids pack it away, offers little nutrution as well.
DH ussually gets his own breakfast before work some combo of cereal fruit waffles toast and any breakfasty meat he can find the amount that may can pput away in the am is unreal...
I ussually make the girls breakfast though mostly eggs though we sometimes do like toaster waffles or I'll make pancakes or some kinda quick bread. Fruit is always avaiable we will also do smoothies or yogurt. I get them filled for less and wont hear wining all morning.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote