Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you regularly cook breakfast for your family??

We do a lot of bagels or oatmeal. Now that it's cool enough to use the oven we do muffins or bread (zucchini, pumpkin) a couple of times a week. Sometimes we have eggs and toast.

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #32
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kinda off topic but still in the same realm, any good, quick oatmeal recipes? Or ones I can do in the crockpot or cook on the weekend and reheat?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #33
Shaunam
Registered Users

No. DS refuses breakfast and S/O insists on drinking Boost and eating a banana every morning! I kind of wish I had a reason to make breakfast more often! I do usually make a thing of it on the weekends though. Pancakes or french toast, fruit, etc.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I cook breakfast for ds pretty much every day. When we lived in thailand, cereal and eggo type waffles were super expensive. So I cooked every morning and ds has gotten used to it and expects it. It's part of my morning routine now and doesn't take long. Most mornings it is a couple of slices or bacon or sausage with scrambled eggs or french toast. Pancakes and waffles take a bit longer so I usually only do that on weekends. In a pinch, I will fix him a couple of slices of toast with butter and cinnamon/sugar when I am in a hurry. I offer whatever I am cooking for ds to dh but he only eats it on weekends usually. He doesn't like a heavy breakfast, he prefers a granola bar or something else light.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #35
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.

sometimes lunch is just lunch meat and cheese and fruit, which doesn't feel much like 'cooking', per se.

breakfast is sometimes a smoothie, which again, is not really 'cooking'. Just like dinner being last night's leftovers isn't really 'cooking'.

Most mornings, it's eggs and hashbrowns or eggs and sausage (I do use the precooked sausage that I can just sprinkle into the pan and brown before putting in the eggs). Sometimes waffles or pancakes. Sometimes oatmeal, but I just had a morning sickness episode with waffles and fruit the other morning, so probably not oatmeal for awhile.

ETA: DH leaves before we eat breakfast, he usually takes a bagel.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 10-04-2012 at 01:34 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #36
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I make breakfast most mornings. Usually I make french toast, pancakes, muffins, etc. Whatever they are hungry for. Sundays are cereal days because it's a 30 minute drive and starts at 9am.
We also have breakfast for supper once a week. That's when I'll make a casserole or more involved breakfast dish.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #37
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

I cook pancakes pretty often... other days it is just whatever DD's yogurt invention is for that day. This morning it was pears, strawberry yogurt and three kinds of cereal.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh no, I draw the line at cooking at 6:30 in the morning Our children eat cereal or yogurt and fruit almost every single day.

I do cook breakfast on the weekends when everyone isn't so rushed to get out the door (DH is gone at 5:30, DD at 6:50 and DS at 7:00). I also cook dinner every single night with very few exceptions.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #39
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Well, technically I do, haha. The kids usually have Greek yogurt or applesauce, which I make from scratch and store in the fridge/ preserve by canning. Several times a week DH makes a big huge breakfast (pancakes, eggs, Bacon, hash etc) and all the other mornings the kids have yogurt or applesauce and a banana.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #40
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I make breakfast for my daughter and I every day, but sometimes it's easier than others. Sometimes oatmeal, usually eggs, yogurt, etc...but sometimes I make pancakes or waffles.