Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #41
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you regularly cook breakfast for your family??

No. When breakfast gets cooked, it's almost always DH doing the cooking. He pulls out flour, eggs, and all that good stuff. Yum yum.

Advertisement

GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #42
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishouseholdsix View Post
It's hard for me to cook because once the kids are awake they want breakfast NOW!
This is why I make breakfast in the crockpot or make it the night before and just reheat quickly in the morning!

We don't cook breakfast during the week because we both work. But we cook a good hot breakfast every Saturday, Sunday and holiday
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #43
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Nope. Cereal, toast, breakfast bar... eggs.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #44
FunLovinMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Usually only on Sundays.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #45
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not at all. Maybe once a month, if that.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #46
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We cook a big breakfast on saturdays and holidays... but the rest of the time the kids eat frozen waffles, cereal, granola bars and yogurt etc.. something simple they can make themselves. Sometimes I will make eggs or something else during the week as a treat for us all. :-)
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #47
BellaPepper
Registered Users
seller

Yep, every day . I usually make fried eggs or oatmeal. If we ever want anything more elaborate like pancakes or an omelet I turn the spatula over to dh.
BellaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #48
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

No, I buy frozen pancakes in a big bag or make a big batch on the weekend and freeze them, and DS and I eat those during the week or I cut up fruit for him for breakfast or offer him a granola bar or cereal. DH never eats breakfast unless it's the weekend and we cook a full meal with bacon, eggs, etc. If I have bacon I will sometimes cook one or two pieces for DS once or twice during the week. I don't worry too much though because he gets to school at 8 and they have snack at 9---so, even if he doesn't eat a whole lot he will get a "snack" within an hour--and "snack" is often biscuits and jelly or toast and eggs or something that is essentially breakfast anyway.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #49
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I don't cook, ever. But the kids get pancakes on school mornings (frozen toaster ones) and eggs and hash browns on the weekends.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #50
megenic
Registered Users
seller

We have a Sunday tradition of pancakes with the whole family. I make a different kind every week, then freeze the extras for during the week. I also have a waffle maker so I usually make waffles during the week at some point then freeze the extras. Some weekday mornings we have eggs and bacon with toast. I don't find this takes much more time than making just toast, and I like to give the kids variety. Although they probably don't care either way since they're happy to eat toast every day of their lives!