Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #21
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Goodnight Janine!

I have no idea how much I have lost, Jen, because I don't own a scale. But at this time last year I was wearing size 14 pants, and now can wear 10s (but mostly own 12s, so lots of my stuff is loose). Ru and I are eating almost completely grain free. We have had brown rice (soaked beforehand) once this week, and bread once with supper. We are not strict about anything in particular, but it is working well for us. Right now I am MSG and dairy free, with few grains.

Advertisement

lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #22
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am home. Exhausted.

Mel here is the weird deal with the fair. Families are either coming in and dropping anywhere from 10-100 or the kids have NOTHING. Such and odd juxtaposition.

Tonight for example I had two $100 orders and then had a Mom and her daughter in 5th grade and son in high-school counting out pennies to buy 3 50cent bookmarks. I thought at first she was testing her daughters ability to count change then heard "maybe they will have another bookfair in the spring and you can get a book then" I call the daughter over and quietly said go pick out any book you want under $10 and you can have it. Girl says really 3 times. Mom looks at me shocked and says really. I am a single Mom and I dont have work right now. It is harder as they are getting older, they cost more now. So Amera got a new book, her Mom almost cried over it and you all made that possible. She came over and shook my hand and said thanks about 5 times.

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 10-04-2012 at 08:32 PM.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #23
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is so so awesome. I honestly wish we could have sent even more. Sometimes I feel selfish that we have more now.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

jen. Seriously that made me cry. I'm so glad you could help her out.