Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cloth Wipes

I have about 3 dozen or so wipes a mixture of fabrics most are a flannel OBV mix but I also have terry cotton bamboo etc..
I jsut keep them dry in an old huggies box the lids not even on it anymore I just wet 2-3 wipes at the sink if its a real messy diaper especialy one that went unnoticed I spray the wipes with a bit of CJs butter spritz.
I do though use disposable wipes as well, With poo diapers I use 2(sometimes 3) wipes to get everythign off and cleaned then use 1 huggies wipe and just swipe her over once it keeps her skin in great condition. Scubbing with the sposie wipes tend to leave her rashy but I like using it as a last extra cleaning with messy diapers. I also pack disposable wipes in the diaper bag I foind it easier after constantly forgetting the cloth wipes.

Deanna

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #22
meahr29
Registered Users
seller

I wash separate when I've used creams. I have 36 and wouldn't mind a few more. I make my own solution with crow mountain crafts booty bits and keep it in an old, small baby detergent bottle.
meahr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #23
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I have about 30 wipes, which is barely enough. I usually have to use sposie wipes while I do diaper laundry, but we do use them for everything, including noses. I have never sprayed them off, and the only times they haven't come clean is if one gets stuck in the gasket of my FLer. But I don't think spraying is the issue there.

I make my own wipes solution with boiled water, about a tsp of coconut oil, a squirt of baby wash, and a drop or two of tea tree oil. I keep it in an old Huggies tub.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #24
LilyandEtta
Registered Users
seller

Thank you for this post. Very helpful!
LilyandEtta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #25
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I like old shirt wipes. I use just water & wash in with dipes & my mama cloth. I would say 24 min amount. I myself would do more of 36 or more.....
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #26
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have about 60 cheap baby wash clothes that we use as wipes. I have 3 flannel ones and those are good for faces. But I prefer the washcloths because they have a grippy side and a smooth side and are thin enough to get in all the nooks and crannies. 60 is more than plenty, but I used them all in the ebf stage and now I keep the extras handy for hands and faces. I have two Huggies wipes containers that I keep them in. I fold them in half in the containers, I used to do the accordion fold so they would "pop" out but found it was a waste of time.
For solution, I fill a large cup with hot water and add a couple squirts of baby wash and baby lotion then pour over the wipes, then add enough hot water to make sure they are all soaked. Then I squeeze out a wipe or two at a time as needed. There is always solution left in the bottom and I just add clean dry wipes once its empty to soak up the rest of the liquid. I am currently using Johnson's naturals baby wash and lotion, it's not my favorite, but I hate wasting stuff so I'm using it for the wipes. I've not had any stink or mold issues, but if I used a more natural baby wash I would probably be more watchful for that since they don't have all the preservatives that Johnson's does.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #27
LilyandEtta
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrahsmommy
I cut up a bunch of old tshirts and they work just fine. I do have some that I purchased, and flannel squares work great too. I use a foam pump with a couple drops of Dr Bronners baby unscented and water, pump it to a dry wipe, have a spray bottle of the same if I need some extra. I have way too many, but tshirts go a long way.
Great idea-do the tshirt wipes fray at all?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #28
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyandEtta

Great idea-do the tshirt wipes fray at all?
No fraying here, although the edges do curl.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #29
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say at least 20-30 cloth wipes to not have to worry about them. For solution I used GSE 10 drops per oz in a spray bottle (little one in the hair supply section) with distilled water, unless your water is filtered or something. You can get distilled water for $1 a gallon. I like simple. There were times we just used water and wet in the sink or dipped in a small bowl.

When we used disposables once I just used toilet paper with a little water so its the way we roll.

By the way we have 40 wipes with one kid but sometimes I use them too and we used them for cleaning messy hands and what not so it was barely enough.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-24-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
LilyandEtta
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice

No fraying here, although the edges do curl.
Don't mind curling-I gotta try this-SO MANY old tshirts to "upcycle"