Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
erv0207
Registered Users
seller

Smile diaper bag for dirty diapers for daycare

Hi - my little one is going to daycare in a few months and I was wondering if and what cloth wet bag do people use to store the dirty diapers in for the daycare? I was told I could bring one in. I have a few at home but they do not zip closed - I use them in the garbage pail. Does anyone have a good one they would recommend for dirty pocket diapers that zippers shut?

Advertisement

Last edited by erv0207; 10-04-2012 at 12:50 PM.
erv0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
What about using a wetbag? Planet wise has a couple of different sizes but I think their medium would work best for you. They are pul lined & zip shut.
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
erv0207
Registered Users
seller

Re: diaper bag for dirty diapers for daycare

Great - do the Planet wise ones work well against leaks? Are they waterproof? I use the wet bag in my garbage pail for the fb diapers......it is good but no zipper. So, they have small ones with a zipper then - thank you!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought Wahmies wet bags off FSOT for daycare, and they have a handle and a zipper. I definitely would want something with a handle, as its much easier to carry while also carrying ds and whatever else he needs into daycare. For some reason, I find that I can't fit as many diapers as the estimates say they should hold, which may be because I'm using stuffed pockets, versus say a single prefold at each change. They easily fit 5 stuffed BG 4.0s, and 6 if need be, but I don't think I could fit more. I haven't had any issues with leaking. I would prefer something without the fabric outer, just because its one extra step to stuff it back together after washing, but they work just fine.

I also have some Alva wetbags (the old small ones, not the new big ones). They have a loop to hang them from, but I felt they would be too small for a day at daycare. I can fit 4, maybe 5 pockets if I really push it, but it really feels like I'm stretching them. I also recently noticed some damage to the laminate in one of them, which may come from having washed them with velcro bibs (use them for bibs and dirty clothes at daycare).
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
luv2clothbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just to let you know I just saw that swaddlebees has put some irregular wet bags on clearance...

http://www.swaddlebees.com/Clearance

They look almost the same as the planet wise ones... Just a heads up if you are interested in saving some $
luv2clothbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erv0207
Great - do the Planet wise ones work well against leaks? Are they waterproof? I use the wet bag in my garbage pail for the fb diapers......it is good but no zipper. So, they have small ones with a zipper then - thank you!
I didn't use them for diapers yet but I did use them with wet rags and it didn't leak. The leak proof lining in it is actually separate (except where the zipper is) and is pretty thick and feels heavy duty (vs just a pul lined one).
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
erv0207
Registered Users
seller

Thank you for the tip!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
erv0207
Registered Users
seller

sorry - new here - what is FSOT?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My favorite daycare wetbag is my Kangacare RAR wetbag. It is the perfect size for 6+ diapers and leak proof. It also held up MUCH better than other wetbags Ive tried (wahmies was the worst, it wicked at the seams and the outer fabric shredded after 6 months). I put a small wetbag inside the RAR one for poopies to spray at home.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

I second the planet wise size medium. We've been using the same one since ds was 12 weeks old. No leaks and my daycare is impressed with the bag and the whole cloth diapering thing in general actually.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote