Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Mamas of girls, answer me this:

I'm with you on the pink thing. I'm not a pink fan to begin with, so after two girls, I am so sick of it I could choke. I tend to go out of my way to aviod getting them pink. They have enough of it from gifts. I really like green on my girls. Maybe try children's place. I know in their "matchable" stuff a lot of times they will have several options--green, orange, blue and purple. And of course they have pink....

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't care what color DD wears, she picks whatever she wants. As long as it's appropraite in fit/size/coverage, she's free to choose whatever she's comfortable in.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #23
LillyIvy
Registered Users
seller

I'm actually more annoyed dressing a boy, my options seem to be dark blue, light blue, or red, lol. My daughter (4yo) has a range of colors in her closet: some pink, mostly purple, black, white, baby blue, etc. I get frustrated because half her pants don't match because the colors are so different
Old 10-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #24
luv2bAmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wink Re: Mamas of girls, answer me this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post
Don't have a girl, but I hate the color stereotyping in children's clothing. Boys clothing tends to be primarily dark blues, greens, and browns, with hints of other colors. Girls clothes are just an explosion of pink. I want bright cheerful colors on my kiddos, turquoise, lime green, orange, red, etc. I don't want to settle for a particular set of colors just because of the gender of my child.
I tottally agree with this mama!
luv2bAmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I really love lime/bright green, purple and teal/ aqua for DD! I do like pink but more fuchia.
I dont like light or pastel pink...not my thing.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #26
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my favorite colors to dress DD in are blue & orange. she has very little pink
Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We did a lot of purple, teal and coral (has to be one of my favorite colors for clothes- looks good on almost everyone). Now that she picks a lot of her clothes she usually picks pink. But I to try to get other colors on her. We all have blue eyes so I love putting her in blues. And rusty colors- another one of my all time favorite clothes colors. I on occasion buy her boys shirts and when she was younger boys shoes. I wanted plain brown tennis shoe type shoes and all you can find in girls are sparkle, sparkle everywhere. She had 3 pairs of boys shoes- brown tennis shoe/loafer type, black loafers and plain white tennis shoes. Now at 5 except for the occasional boy shirt (she likes sharks, dinosaurs and all things Halloween- scary Halloween not cutsy) she picks most of her stuff and its usually pink or has pink on it. I still steer her away from glitter and sparkles because I hate glitter and sparkles.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I like pink. But purple is the go to color. I just got the girl's christmas dresses - purple, black velvet and rhinestones. Teal and brown look awesome on DD1.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
shannychi
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
I like pink

but we enjoy all colors

now when I was trying to find my 2 year old a shirt with a dinosaur on it, we had to shop everywhere and finally just bought a boys tshirt.

I dont mind the pink as much as the flood of skimpy clothing or tshirts with inappropriate slogans.

100% agree with that! Plus, I don't care for all the "princess" and "cutie" stuff. It seems like every shirt or pjs for girls is pink (or purple) and sparkly with Cute Princess or something. yikes. I have 4 girls, I get that some girls are drawn to that, but does every.single.thing. they own have to be pink and cutesy. And its shoes, too!

I like all colors and prints. So, I choose to shop at only a few stores and check out Goodwill and resale shops, but I have to admit I've become picky.

Oh, I could go on and on and bore everyone to death. But, seriously, this is one of my pet peeves!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #30
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm not a mama to a girl, but I used to nanny for two little girls. I preferred to dress them in blue or a mix of bright colors. I hate pink for little girls b/c it is so overdone. That is why I like Hanna Andersson. Lots of bright colors, usually!

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote