Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #31
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
I don't care what color DD wears, she picks whatever she wants. As long as it's appropraite in fit/size/coverage, she's free to choose whatever she's comfortable in.
My DD is only 10 months, so she's not picking her own clothes out yet. DS, on the other hand, did pick out a pink polo the other week and he rocks it like there's no tomorrow, lol.

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #32
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mamas of girls, answer me this:

Since we have so many girls, I get tired of seeing oodles of pink here too. I love primary colors, they new neons they are bringing back from the 80's lol.

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #33
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dd1 is almost 8 and doesn't often wear pink. Purple and blue is her color choice this year. Her complexion looks awesome with reds so she usually has a few red things ( it helps that red is one if the school colors).

Dd2 is 5 and rarely wears anything but pink by her choosing. This fall she actually branched out and picked out a purple outfit. That was shocking. In the past if it wasn't pink she wouldn't wear it no matter how much I asked.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #34
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Most of DD's closet is purple. She looks amazing in dark purple and blue. I took the kids shoe shopping a few weeks ago, and the girl section in one store was atrocious. It was all pink, sparkly and rhinestones. I thought I was going to have a seizure.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #35
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Most of DD's closet is purple. She looks amazing in dark purple and blue. I took the kids shoe shopping a few weeks ago, and the girl section in one store was atrocious. It was all pink, sparkly and rhinestones. I thought I was going to have a seizure.
Boys shoes!! Thats the way to go if you want plain shoes otherwise you can pretty much forget it.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #36
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think it's generational. My daughter is 19 yrs old, and when she was a baby, Dark primary colors, and Jewel tones were popular, and she looked terrible in them. I couldn't find a soft pastel to save my life.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #37
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD LOVES pink, but I think she looks best in blue. I find it much easier now to find clothing for her that isn't all pink unlike when she was a baby and EVERYTHING was pink of some variation. I would have to say her biggest demand in clothing isn't color, it is a skirt or dress. It is a real battle to get pants on that girl!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
Dawndelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think my DD has a pretty wide variety of clothes colors. We do have some pink and purple (she looks awesome in purple plus its the color of her big brother's soccer team, so we do have quite a bit of that usually), but also blue (bright and navy), red, teal, brown, green etc. My current favorite dress on her is actually a yellow and grey striped one from ON that didn't look anything special on the rack, but really looks great on her. She also has a pretty good mix of simple play dresses and sparkly & tutus. I am having a hard time getting her into jeans right now, but that's it.
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #39
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Light blue, and turquoise look really good on my DD. She was VERY jaundiced for the first 3 months (she is almost 5 months now) so pink just made her look even more orange I love how the blue makes her eyes seem SOOO blue.

Oh, and white! She looks so nice in a solid white! We had a few white sundresses this summer for her in different styles, and they looked very pretty on her. We always got so many compliments when she wore them!

My older DD (5) likes to wear all differnt color. She too looks best in light blue. SHe has super light grey eyes, pale skin and blond hair, so bright colors washer her out. She does have lots of bright colors and bright pink (thanks grandma!) but her whole wardrobe is quite a rainbow!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #40
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Try Carters store or babies r us. Love aqua, turquoise, chocolate brown, orange, navy, and offwhite.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote