Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #41
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
My favorite color on my daughter is a pool blue (I think she's got that going with a grey sweater in my avi - the grey sweater is Boden, intended for boys). Harder to find and my all-time favorite is blue and green in one piece. I've found a few and the combination is so gorgeous.

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #42
Sugar&SpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mamas of girls, answer me this:

Turquoise is def my favorite on my girls. I love yellow and red on them as well. I'm not really a pink kinda girl, but they of course have some. I completely agree that the colors def don't bother me as much as the grown up cuts and styles they have for little girls right now. The underwear get my DH everytime we shop. I guess with 3 girls we won't likely avoid it.
Sugar&SpiceX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #43
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like most colors on my daughter, but not black too much. Purple, blue, and orange look really great on her.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #44
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

It depends on their complexion and what they look good in. My girls always look good in bright colors and jewel tones. My DD#1's first favorite color was green and it was a bit hard to find green clothes for her at 1.5-2 years old. I do remember being a little frustrated at all the bubble-gum pink when I really wanted fuchsia, purple, bright green, etc. And the stupid flowers and girlie sayings.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #45
Shaunam
Registered Users

What annoys me most is GLITTER on EVERYTHING. My DD has a trach....she doesn't need to be inhaling glitter from her shirt directly into her LUNGS. Ugh.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #46
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
I hate all the pink too!!
I mostly buy yellow, green, purple, and brown clothes for my daughter. And a lot of blue and boys clothes too. I buy all cheap used clothes so as long as it fits her and it's cheap I get it! :-)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #47
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I just let DH do most of the clothes shopping lol! We agree, the pink saturation is a little much. It's not just the pink though, but all the pastel stuff. It's just a personal preference, DD has my coloring and we look better in more saturated colors. We also have trouble finding PLAIN jeans... Ie no hearts, sparkles, themed patches etc. We finally discovered Osh Kosh has nice, simple jeans.
Our next hurdle is a winter coat - ugh.
Don't even get me started on shoes. So if I got her boy's shoes, how bad would would the comments be, sigh? All I want is a pair of play shies that arent pink, purple, sparkly, or orthopedic looking!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #48
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Any color really. My youngest is all girl when it comes to clothes. She is the only 3 year old I know who can shop, pick out clothes that match, and be comfortable trying on shoes for 45 minutes (at her request none the less). She owns a huge rainbow of tutus, sparkly shoes, and dress shoes.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #49
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

I don't hate pink, but I also don't like dressing my DD in a lot of it. Most of the pink that she has was a gift. She wears a lot of navy, red, and yellow. I love vintage clothes for her, and she has a lot of that. I find that with vintage, the pink isn't as obnoxious and princessy, if that makes sense.

Most of her diapers are pink though.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #50
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine and DD's favorite color ever is pink so she has lots of pink and so will this baby . But I also love her in purple and she looks great in blue or green too. She actually has a lot of pretty blue and green stuff. I think it really depends on what season you buy stuff in. I see a bigger variety in color in the spring time and that's when I've bought a lot of the not so typically girly colored stuff