Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #61
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My kids have a wide variety of colors in their closet. The boys love Mario and red and blue, so that's what they have a lot of. DD has a lot of pink, turquoise, and purple stuff, but she also has a lot of other colors. I haven't found it hard to find a variety if colors.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #62
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice
I don't like any clothing that says stuff like "Spoiled brat" or "I'm the queen."
Is there clothing that says that? How sad. There are so many reasons to not put your kids in that.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #63
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mamas of girls, answer me this:

DD picks out her own clothes. And 95% of them are pink. The other 5% are purple. And most of them are sparkly. LOL. I think it's adorable on her and she likes it, so it's all good. She's 5.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #64
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and DS would freak if he owned any pink clothes. We have no issues if he wants to wear pink, but he hates it. I am knitting a sweater for my (female) dog and jokingly told him it was a hat for him (he asked for black). He started screaming that he'd never wear a pink hat. LOL

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #65
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like purple, pink/brown combinations, & greens. I am not crazy about pink but I have a daughter that will always pick the pink shirt, dress, etc. given the option. sigh. lol
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #66
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love all colors on my girls, except for orange, just cuz I hate it. But my DD1 today to school wore grey pants and a striped tshirt with gray, white and navy blue on it. And then she chose her green sweater over top. I do love pink though. And when I go out in public I try to put something really girly on my DD3.She has almost no hair, like quite bald, and I am SICK of people telling me I have a cute boy. DD2 likes anything girly, she hates wearing jeans. Dresses and leggings is all she likes to wear.

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #67
megenic
Registered Users
seller

I dress my girls in the same colors as I wear: black, white and grey sometimes I will toss in some orange or blue. I find an awesome band t shirt I will throw that on older DD as well. They wear chuck Taylor sneakers and air walk boots. It is a big pet peeve of mine that all girls clothes are pink and sparkly or say things like "diva" and "princess."
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #68
mamasab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD will pick pink and purple every time! We have blues and reds thrown in there too, but there is a whole lot of pink sparkle in her closet. She also wears only dresses and skirts. Never thought I would have such a girly girl, but it turns out that I love it!
mamasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #69
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD has red hair(but not bright red) and looks super cute in green and blue. She also can do some pink. She CANNOT do any red. It just looks awful. We do have pink things, because I adore pink. I wish most of the girls clothes(she's 3.5, but wears a 5/6 bottom and 7/8 tops) didn't have sparkly peace signs all over them. Yuck.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #70
NYCVeg
Registered Users
seller

Dd's favorite color is blue and she looks best in blue and grey. She has lots of blue and purple in her wardrobe, but she wears/likes lots of colors: black, red, pink, green, orange, etc. She tends to prefer bright colors (turquoise, magenta, deep purple, red) to pastels.

I too find the excess of pink and sparkles in stores obnoxious. Sometimes I think it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy--little girls see nothing but pink and sparkles so they are trained to think that pink, sparkly things are what girls are supposed to like.

She wears a lot Hanna Andersson, because I like the bright colors, the quality, and the fact that kids look like kids, not like miniature adults, in the clothes. I buy some stuff at the Gap and Old Navy as well, but I'm very picky; we tend to go for solid colors and simple patterns, nothing too "high-fashion" and nothing with obvious logos or slogans. There is NOTHING I hate more than girls' clothes that say things like "Diva" or "Princess" or have sayings about how girls love to shop.
NYCVeg is offline   Reply With Quote