Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

How much do you spend on maternity clothes?

How much did you spend on your first pregnancy and subsequent pregnancies?

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much do you spend on maternity clothes?

1st- Maybe $50 - winter pregnancy
2nd- $100 - summer pregnancy
3rd - none - summer pregnancy
4th - $48 - summer pregnancy (but only because I needed an outfit for a photo session and I waited until the last minute to run to Kohl's)

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
First - too much! I got suckered by Motherhood Maternity and paid more than I ever pay for "real" clothes.

This time I bought one belly band, a pair of maternity tights, and one additional bra, still have two maternity jeans, and am using flattering non-maternity clothes otherwise. I have three dresses I love that look great whether I'm skinny or mega-pregnant, they are a drapey knit fabric with empire waists, long skirts, and lots of stretch. Planning on using long skirts/dresses with tights under to keep warm this winter - way more comfortable and flattering than squeezing into winter pants.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

First pregnancy I got two HUGE boxes of gently used maternity clothes from Craigslist, each box was $40. (End of Winter / Spring pregnancy) This pregnancy I am larger in the chest and my hips went wide right away so I bought a few items to freshen up the closet. I think so far I have spent about $100 this time around. It is also a different season so some of my smaller items were way too hot in the end of summer.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

150$ for a big winter coat (babe was a January birth and I wanted to baby wear through the snow).
Another 150$ on target maternity clothing.

I guess that sounds like a lot, but I worked all through my pregnancy and it was important to me that I look professional and presentable to clients. I work at an ad agency so maternity jeans and tshirts just wouldn't have passed. I wore dresses and heals to the office up until I delivered.

Last edited by Palooka; 10-04-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

1st- $75, and I though that I bought things very frugally. Most tops were on clearance for under $3 and bottoms less than $7. I splurged on one pair of maternity jeans. The rest of the clothes were work clothes, and I no longer work.
2nd- $20. I bought maybe one outfit.
3rd- $100 Which was a huge splurge for me.
4th- ? I'm thinking I'll spend $100-$150 if I can talk myself into it.

We had no $ with child #1, but things have been very comfortable since right after she was born. I've never really spent much money on myself, other than my $100 splurge last pregnancy because dh never wants to spend money on himself. I just feel like all of my tops from my 1st and 2nd pregnancy are pretty worn and I feel crummy in them. $10-$20 for a top and at least $20-30 for bottoms. I can get by with some of my non-maternity tops that are loose for a while, but I just want to add a few bottoms, a dress (we go to church every week) and a few real maternity tops. We aren't poor by any means and we probably wouldn't even notice in our budget if I spent $100-150 on clothes, but I hate spending money on myself. At the same time I want to feel good and confident about myself and for me clothes can really make a difference. DH won't care. I'll just tell him I want them and he'll say, "Get what you need" or "Get what makes you happy" and then he'll help me pick them out.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe $50 for the first pregnancy and then another $25 with the second (not really needed, just wanted some new things)
Old 10-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #8
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
First my mom bought me a ton. And that was 7 years ago. 2nd I was given some but spent about 50.00 different season. Thursday maybe 15.00? I winged it. I got rid of everything after 3..... Cause I was done. Not sure what I am going to do this time around! For now it's a belly band though I need a new one..... And I need at least 1 jean, leggings, and maybe a few shirts. I'm a sahm and don't mind re wearing.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

So far around $150. For my birthday my husband bought me a pair of black and a pair of tan motherhood and maternity work pants plus two satin shirts. They are gorgeous, super comfortable and are perfect for dressier occasions.

The above was around $120. Everything else has been bought second hand. I only had one pair of maternity jeans until yesterday. I went to a mom to mom sale and bought two pairs of brand name jeans and a motherhood an maternity top for $15 total.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For my first, $40 maybe for nursing bras. Most maternity clothing I needed from 7 months on was handed down.
2nd, $20 for bras(my size changed).
3rd, $50 for nursing tanks and a couple shirts and jeans at a thrift store(I go when they're half off on certain days, lol)
4th and current, $80 only because my sister took me to motherhood. Got maternity leggings(very comfy), 2 sweaters, and 2 nursing tanks.
I've never been a maternity clothes fan. I wear sweats and yoga pants a lot. I wear my regular shirts until they're to short. I try to make it look cute though
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote