Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much do you spend on maternity clothes?

DP:/

Advertisement

Last edited by mommycass; 10-05-2012 at 06:49 AM.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm... I don't know how much with each pregnancy, really. Not much at all with our first - no $$ to spend, so the little I had was bought at a 2nd hand store.
With my 2nd I bought some new stuff right away - maybe $150 or so?
Didn't buy anything new with my 3rd. 4th I bought a few new things, maybe another $100. Haven't bought anything this time.
I do usually check at the 2nd hand store in town every couple months, or when I'm just wanting something "new" (to me) - I got 2 pairs of pants with my last pregnancy, but only got a few weeks of wearing them in before she was born.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know numbers... but with my first pregnancy, I was working and I was a govt employee with a uniform, so I had uniform shirts and 2 pairs of maternity pants I bought. Then 1 pair of maternity capris. On top of that, I bought 1 pair of khacki shorts, 1 pair of jean shorts, 1 paid of black shorts, 2 cotton dresses, 1 church dress, and 3 maternity shirts. That pretty much got me through the pregnancy with the rest of the normal clothes that I had that still fit. oh, I bought two bella bands, but I HATED those things. and they were very hot for a summer pregnancy.

This pregnancy, I've bought some tights (so I can wear my dresses ) and 2 pairs of pants and 3 shirts so far. I want another pair of pants in a lighter shade and I'd like some more shirts, but we'll see.

I will wear my regular clothes as long as I can, but I abhor waistbands this time around - my stomach just hurts. So, the wonderful pajama feel of maternity pants is awesome.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 10-06-2012 at 02:06 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
fadingdawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is my first pregnancy and I haven't spent much at all--I'm due in December so I was just starting to need maternity clothes during summer. I bought a couple pairs of shorts, a bella band, and basic tops, but everything else I have has been given to me. Luckily my sister in law is about my size and had tons of fall/winter maternity clothes to let me borrow. I think I've probably spent $50 total.
fadingdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

first pg i didnt wear maternity clothes. i just wore sweats and tshirts

second i spent about $50, between thrift stores and clearence rack at fashion bug. i got that much in credit for them at other mothers

3rd probably around $100

4th i had some left over but i spent another $50 buying more (my friend borrowed them and ended up giving away most of it thinking i told her she could HAVE vs USE them )

i will not buy new unless its like really really cheap. most of the time i can hit up the thrift stores and find nice pieces for just a few dollars.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I love maternity clothes and I have always been blessed by a Pea in the Pod and a Gap Maternity with awesome clearance racks. Plus great thrift stores where I have scored several pair of designer jeans.

I don't know how much I spent, but I have always had more and nicer maternity clothes than regular clothes. I just love to show off the belly!
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
loveramongstars
Registered Users

Maybe about $50 or so. Three pairs of jeans, some "tights", tank, nice shirt, a button up (not completely nice), and some bigger sized tshirts. Im still in most of my regular jeans but the shirts were too tight with my expanding bust first then thr belly is just sorta there. Lol

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.

Last edited by loveramongstars; 10-06-2012 at 06:43 PM.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #18
paggie88
Registered Users
seller

For two of my pregnancies, I didn't buy much maternity clothes bc I am a small petite woman. I can fit into junior clothes so I bought clothes a size bigger like med-large and woman in small. The only things I had to buy are a couple maternity pants bc I was going to school at the time. Otherwise, I would just wear pajamas sleeping pants all day. lol. Im so lucky I can fit into larger clothes when pregnant and dint have to invest into lots of maternity clothes.
paggie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #19
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a good amt in clothes but my MIL has bought about half of it for me. I'd say I have about $500. But that is over 4 pregnancies too and some things I can wear when I'm not preg and I do.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First time around I PERSONALLY spent around $50, but I probably had more like $200 or $300 worth of Maternity clothes because I got several as gifts and my MIL took me out on a small spree.

This time I was HOPING to spend nothing at all, but I started out pre-pregnancy much smaller than last time so I'm worried all my maternity pants will be too big.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote