Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Big belly

Ok so I feel like my belly is way bigger this time around than with dd. I know the 2nd baby is supposed to show faster and stuff but even above my belly button is like a hard preggo belly. We only saw one baby in there at the 8 week ultrasound but I have felt movement since 13 wks 2 days & since my belly is so big I just wonder could they have missed a 2nd baby on the 1st ultrasound?

My mom is adopted so we don't know if twins run in the family.
My next appt is jan 27 and I will be 20 wks then but I feel like 26 weeks already lol!

Does anyone else have a larger than last pregnancy belly this time around?

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Big belly

DDC from May -oh yeah, lots bigger, lots more back pain, lots earlier feeling, and BH which I didn't have with #1.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was"big" for about 5 weeks, but I don't seems to be growing in leeps and bounds anymore. I am almost 19 weeks and I feel my fundus is just below my poor excuse of a belly button.
It is possible for them to miss a twin at 8 weeks though. Do you know how many weeks you are measuring at?

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was"big" for about 5 weeks, but I don't seems to be growing in leeps and bounds anymore. I am almost 19 weeks and I feel my fundus is just below my poor excuse of a belly button.
It is possible for them to miss a twin at 8 weeks though. Do you know how many weeks you are measuring at?

Old 01-22-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsgreen
I was"big" for about 5 weeks, but I don't seems to be growing in leeps and bounds anymore. I am almost 19 weeks and I feel my fundus is just below my poor excuse of a belly button. It is possible for them to miss a twin at 8 weeks though. Do you know how many weeks you are measuring at?
I am not sure. My midwife says they don't measure weeks with the centimeter thingy until 20 weeks. So next Monday we have an ultrasound and also they will measure with a measuring tape too.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

I found out I was having twins at my 20 weeks ultrasound but that was also my first ultrasound. I am measuring way ahead (measuring about 26 weeks at 20 weeks) but I was also measuring way ahead with my 3rd pregnancy too. When I went for my 13 week appointment with my 3rd my fundus was at my belly button already. I actually don't think I'm measuring any further ahead with this pregnancy (twins) than I did with my single pregnancy last time.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #7
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbabybottoms View Post
I found out I was having twins at my 20 weeks ultrasound but that was also my first ultrasound. I am measuring way ahead (measuring about 26 weeks at 20 weeks) but I was also measuring way ahead with my 3rd pregnancy too. When I went for my 13 week appointment with my 3rd my fundus was at my belly button already. I actually don't think I'm measuring any further ahead with this pregnancy (twins) than I did with my single pregnancy last time.
WOW!! What a surprise!! COngrats!

Old 02-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #8
LovinMy3Boys83
Registered Users
seller

I feel bigger this time around but I'm having my 4th. I start to show pretty early (8wks) and then I stay the same until around 20 weeks then I start getting bigger. I am 21 weeks today
Old 03-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #9
tonimk19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started showing way early at like 13 weeks with #3 and have been slowly growing but have picked up in the last few weeks. I can really feel it now...
Old 04-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #10
DaughterOfTheSea
Registered Users

I'm generally very petite, but have been HUGE this pregnancy, which is my third. I swear I was showing before I even took the first pregnancy test! I've looked 9 mos pg since I was about 5 mos, and now at 7 mos people tell me daily it looks like I'm going to pop any minute! I feel enormous too, this time around, there has been so much ligament pain! So, I totally hear ya, ladies!
DaughterOfTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote