Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fleece as good as wool?

I both use and make fleece soakers/longies and like them a lot. I love wool, but it is not in my budget. I really love that fleece is so much easier to take care of. And for the cost of one wool soaker you could buy several fleece ones! I am making my daughter some more soakers this weekend and am hoping to make some to sell as well.

Advertisement

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712 View Post
Fleece is easier to laundered, but you have to do it more often. I started with fleece, them moved to wool. We now only have wool. Fleece was my gateway to wool lol.

Same here! Once I started upcycling my own wool from a thrift store sweater, I can get a soaker and longies out of an XL sweater for $5 and an hour or two of my time.... I'm a wool fan! I have a fleece wrap from Emotibums that I love to put on DS though because it is so cute, and sometimes I want a wrap and not a pull-on, so fleece and wool both have their place!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #13
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love fleece and used it with dd over a thick fitted for nights. I also love wool but it takes a little more care as far as washing. My preference is fleece, but that is just because I can wash it much easier.
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Personally I can't handle wool. I know you don't have to care for it often, but it is more labor intensive. And I don't have a good place to dry it. And I'm cheap, and wool gets messed up too easily. I don't want something that I have to worry about snagging, staining, and in general ruining. Fleece is cheap enough that if it get ruined, oh well, it's ruined. But it doesn't get ruined as easily. It's also really really easy to come by and to sew.

Of course wool has it's place. Just not in my house, lol. We use fleece and PUL. But there definatly are benifits to wool. It is more bulletproof than fleece, and you don't have to launder it as often.

I think you should try one of both and see what you like. Beware though that not all fleece is made the same--for night you'd probably want 2 layers of blizzard fleece. Not all wool is made the same either--you'd probably want some quality interlock for overnight.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
FunLovinMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivershere View Post
aaaaah. Good to know. Do you think the GMD workhorses with fleece or wool would be good for a NB ? Or should I just invest in some NB covers? I thought maybe it would be goos to invest in a few wool covers because I know I can re-use them, didn't realize I couldnt do that with fleece.
I used all wool with my newbie and I loved it. I would use fleece too so nice and soft for baby. Seems more comfortable than pul to me. I have more wool than fleece, but definitely appreciate the easy care with fleece.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #16
xocen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
we love our fleece!
xocen is offline   Reply With Quote