Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #31
Registered Users
Our kids get 6 gifts: 3 from us and 3 from Santa. Our gifts are boring PJs books and puzzles. Santa brings toys. They get stuff from
A few relatives too. We don't do this for any religious reason but for minimalist reasons... I don't like the constant sorting, organizing, selling of old toys so we keep things minimal. I don't think they're deprived or will require therapy later in life :-)

Megan wife of my soldier Steve, mama to my beautiful girls Rowan (11/07) and Linden (03/10)!

Last edited by megenic; 10-05-2012 at 09:51 AM.
megenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #32
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
My Mood:
Re: Christmas presents- limit number per child...question

We do three gifts per kid (from us), and then one per kid from Santa. Although this year, the Santa gift will most likely be one of those big playground sets, and that will be to all four kids, from Santa.
Trying-to-stay-sane mama to four boys (5/07, 10/09, 7/11, and 11/12)
AnimalHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

We do:

Something you want
Something you need
Something to Play
Something to Read

Want is usually a small (under $20 or so) toy they've been asking for
Need is generally clothes (a full day of clothes, shirt, pants, socks, underwear, pjs)
Play is a board game or a family orientated Wii game
Read is (duh) a book.

Then they get 1 larger gift from Santa and in their stocking is: Crayons, color book, 1 small trinket, a DVD and play doh. (plus candy, an apple and an orange)
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #34
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
My Mood:

YDS: want, need, play, read
ODS and DD: want, wear, play, share

Plus a pair of Christmas pjs to open on Christmas Eve, and a Santa gift and a stocking...some years we do the stocking from Santa depending on amount spent on other gifts. The "want" gift is usually one of the bigger items they've REALLY been asking for (ODS will be Nintendo DS, DD will be the Monster High High School), and the play item could be something to go with the want item (ODS will be getting a couple games, DD is getting a couple new Monster High dolls) or some years it has been sports stuff, or a Wii game, etc. Share item is something they all share (obviously ) this year its gonna be a Kindle Fire.
Brenna, all around AP'ing, trying to be crunchier, stay at home mama to Ash, Bryn, and our little Rebel Journey, wife to Nate
Come swag with me!! I've earned $75 in FREE Amazon gift cards just by searching
smashncakes is offline   Reply With Quote