Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
croth7
Registered Users
seller

Please HELP me decide!!

My BOSCH front loader is a lemon and so the store is going to replace it with something of my choice. Now being the super indecisive person that I am makes this a little stressful. I've been pouring over reviews and it just seems to make things more complicated.

The BOSCH machine required that I stand and fill it manually with a juice container so there was enough water to clean/rinse the diapers. It drove me crazy!!! I don't ever want to do this again. I'm interested in a HE top loader but it appears that they don't give you hot enough water to actually clean. Is this true? Or I'm interested in a front loader that I can choose the water level and water temp.

My wish list is something that has a sanitary cycle, an add additional water option (for diapers), huge bonus if the machine could heat the water on its own (my BOSCH does this) and lastly I want to be able to turn the end of cycle signal off.

Is there other considerations I should take into account when buying a new washer and using cloth diapers?

Please any suggestions on brand or type of washer would be greatly appreciated!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by croth7; 10-05-2012 at 05:24 PM.
croth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please HELP me decide!!

A soak cycle! My HE FLer doesn't offer this option, but still does a nice job

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
croth7
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
A soak cycle! My HE FLer doesn't offer this option, but still does a nice job
I'm so glad you mentioned it! I have thought that in the past with my FL. What brand of washer do you have??
Old 10-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The ability to add extra rinses or run a rinse-only cycle. My LG HE TL does this and it's really nice. It also allows you to set up a custom routine and assign it to a button.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
croth7
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
The ability to add extra rinses or run a rinse-only cycle. My LG HE TL does this and it's really nice. It also allows you to set up a custom routine and assign it to a button.

If you don't mind me asking how long have you owned it and do you have the model number?? It sounds great.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

sounds like we might have the same washer and you can hold down the extra rinse button to make it add more water (max twice per cycle)

i don't know the model number, but the front says LG WaveForce, if that helps at all

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
croth7
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabeth05 View Post
sounds like we might have the same washer and you can hold down the extra rinse button to make it add more water (max twice per cycle)

i don't know the model number, but the front says LG WaveForce, if that helps at all
Does yours have a sanitary cycle?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by croth7 View Post
I'm so glad you mentioned it! I have thought that in the past with my FL. What brand of washer do you have??
It's a Samsung and it says VRT Steam on the front. It doesn't have a soak cycle, so anything I want to soak I just soak in a bucket -- I really haven't missed that feature but I've read it's a great thing to have! I do have to bleach our nighttime inserts on a regular basis in order to keep them clean and smelling fresh.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabeth05 View Post

I have an LG HE toploader that sounds just like these. They don't have a name and just say waveforce on them. They have model numbers but I can't figure out what ours is. Pretty sure this is the one we have and I got it for $700 last year during Columbus day sale. My only complaint and it's not a big one is that it doesn't seem to do well with powder detergent and I had a box of the old Tide that I had been hoarding and saving just for use with my diapers but it wouldn't rinse it through the dispenser very well.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
croth7
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrobinson View Post
I have an LG HE toploader that sounds just like these. They don't have a name and just say waveforce on them. They have model numbers but I can't figure out what ours is. Pretty sure this is the one we have and I got it for $700 last year during Columbus day sale. My only complaint and it's not a big one is that it doesn't seem to do well with powder detergent and I had a box of the old Tide that I had been hoarding and saving just for use with my diapers but it wouldn't rinse it through the dispenser very well.
I keep reading reviews that the HE TL don't have a hot water setting on them. The reviews read that the water is tepid at best. Is this true?