Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #21
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I went on a diaper shopping spree & now I am sick about it...

If I ever have buyer's remorse, I just return the item(s) as soon as it arrives. Good luck.

Advertisement

and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #22
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow. . .thats a lot of $$$$. I dont think Ive ever had a stash worth so much in my 5+ years diapering. If I did it was for 3 kids in diapers lol

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #23
TexasHeatherLynn
Registered Users
seller

I don't feel so bad about my co-op craze I have gone through (and continue to fight). I have 125 diapers on their way to me, not including pre-folds and what I have on hand. Let us not even speak of baby-carriers...now that is a bank breaker!

I love whomever said about loading their cart and not "pulling the trigger". I am BAD about that. LOL
Riley & Dusty, twins lost 12/11 & 31/03~~Brody born still 5/28/05
TexasHeatherLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #24
armywife21
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoddess
I need help. I went on a diaper spending spree and now I feel sick to my stomach about it. First of all, I had fluffy mail today and received a Grovia AIO, Peachy Green AIO + hemp snap in doubler, a Kawaii Minky Pocket (this was a freebie), a Flip and an organic insert, a OS Simplex and the new Boingos.

I also have OTW right now 3 Sustainablebabyish wool soakers and some Bumby wool shorties (for winter? What am I thinking?) I think I might have more OTW that I'm forgetting.

Then TODAY I ordered 24 (!!!) BG Freetimes - 12 with aplix and 12 with snaps, 2 more Grovia AIOs, a BG Elementals to try, Sheepish Grins wool bar, Sheepish Grins liquid lanolin, 2 Babylegs (to match the wool shorties, since it's winter almost, after all), TWO CJ's Carcass Cleaner in new scents for my wipe solution, CJs BUTTer stick, 5 pkgs of RLR, 6 of the new Blueberry Bamboo flats, 2 Blueberry Coveralls, 1 Swaddlebees Capri, a dozen Zabi Baby Rainbow edge prefolds, and a BG diaper sprayer.

OMG I need to sell my entire current stash FAST or I'm going to throw up. I need help. Serious help.

I am also ordering a new 12 bin organizer for all the diapers. They need to look pretty.

What am I thinking....in 2 months I'll probably just want nothing but prefolds and covers again!
If you can afford it I don't see a problem wanna buy me some?
armywife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #25
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

She posted last week she didn't have any spending money until this week. If your finances are feast or famine, it sends some red flags up for me. As long as she can afford it, it doesn't matter, but not having any money last week, and then over spending this week, makes me wonder if she can afford it. KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHeatherLynn View Post
I don't feel so bad about my co-op craze I have gone through (and continue to fight). I have 125 diapers on their way to me, not including pre-folds and what I have on hand. Let us not even speak of baby-carriers...now that is a bank breaker!

I love whomever said about loading their cart and not "pulling the trigger". I am BAD about that. LOL
I'm guilty of babycarrier excess. Not financially, I just have more than one baby could ever use. I won't ask you if you don't ask me.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #26
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

If it isn't going to cause upset in your marrage and you can afford it, no problem!

You should keep a days worth of each type of catagorty of diaper you like (AIOs, pfs, flats etc) that way you can have a change when you want it and not have to spent a buch of time and money selling and buying.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #27
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree...if u can afford it no big deal...BUT unless u plan on making the freetimes the main bulk of your stash I would prob return/cancel 12 of them if possible. I had serious issues with diaper excess with my 4 year old...I spent thousands on expensive fitteds and wool......i' m really embarrased how crazy I got(and I really didn't have the $$$$ for it) This time I'm only spending cash I have and PP from selling.....I still have a hard time keeping the numbers down ...have approx 65 aio/pockets...then a couple dozen flats/prefolds I don't count LOL....i'd say I have spent about $500--$600 on the current stash.....way better than the money I spent with my older DD and I have a variety I like. I feel your pain tho mama!!! Its hard to stop the cycle of wanting to try the next great diaper...or resist great sales!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She also started an ISO post looking to buy/trade for some more SB flat diapers just a few minutes after she started this post If purchasing all this made her sick to her stomach and have remorse, then why just a few minutes later would she start a post to buy/trade for more?

Absolutely not trying to target this momma, at all! But looks like maybe she does have a serious issue that could affect her family in a negative way. Hopefully she'll update this post today, and we can continue to offer her real help and support

Last edited by cajsmommy; 10-05-2012 at 09:46 AM.
cajsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #29
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I ask how muc it all cost? Dh would have killed me had I done that..lol
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajsmommy
She also posted an ISO post looking to buy/trade for some more SB flat diapers. If purchasing all this made her sick to her stomach and have remorse, then why just a few minutes later would she start a post to buy/trade for more?

Absolutely not trying to target this momma, at all! But looks like maybe she does have a serious issue that could affect her family in a negative way. Hopefully she'll update this post today, and we can continue to offer her real help and support :hug:
It seems crazy but it does become a real addiction/obsession for some. I've been there....like I said I spent ridiculous amount of money before on Cds.....even when I knew I shouldn't I might have just spent a ton of $$$$ on something to turn around and decide I REALLY love something else so I better buy a bunch more of that..... then a new sale comes out or raves about a certain diaper come out and I would buy more. It doesn't make sense, but it happens!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum