Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #21
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Friday!

Heiner and I went through the food store/larder and chucked out everything that is out of date. Anything that was open and was looking suspicious and then put everything that was still good back in the larder neatly and organized. GF stuff together, regular stuff together.

Got rid of a lot of stuff. It's surprising how quickly that happens.

I really want to go through all of the cupboards and clean them out and ditch everything that we dont need and scrub everything but I'm shattered now.

It's elephant munching time again but I have to take smaller bites. It'll still get eaten but not as fast.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are cows in the field right next to our house.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #23
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think this is a Colibri.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #24
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are horses in the field next to my house

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #25
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seen from the balcony.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #26
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's not surprising Jess
Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #27
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can you see it? I had to scroll in really close to see it but there is wingspan to be seen and I saw the curved beak too. I'm pretty sure it's a colibri.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #28
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just feel asleep for 30 minutes and now I'm all confuzzled. I just don't do naps very well, LOL.

Jess, I'm not sure what you are talking about, but if Overdrive is the program the library uses for books...I was done with that years ago. HATE it, is stupid un-user friendly and overcomplicated. And the library made me use Adobe Digital Editions which f''d up half MY books for reading anywhere else. So after that fiasco, I refused to do ebooks/audiobooks for the Nook from the library any more. I instead just get the free books that are available to the Nook (I'm sure Kindle has some too) and I am very selective about the kid books I actually purchase for the Nook. The girls actually prefer real books so we check those out from the library instead.

Janine, that was exactly what I meant by positive consequences for good behavior in a structured program. Something like the top ten list and one of the rewards would be able to watch a show or play computer/Wii for 20 minutes. But she's had so many incidents at school lately she has to get through one whole day without any trouble, without rewards, because that is what she is supposed to do anyway. The "paybacks" thing, like I said is new and she doesn't do it at home because she knows it won't fly here with the Big Boss. At school like I said, there are many "bosses of the moment" so she tries to take advantage of the weaker links.

It's frustrating because like I said she doesn't do most of this at home, at least on her own. We do practice her weak areas at home, and she still does not react well every. single.time but I can keep it from getting out of hand because I have it in a controlled environment. She doesn't hit people at home. She has accidently hit a kid while pitching a fit once, and has kicked a kid once (the "payback" thing), at school. So she has two strikes now. She doesn't understand, or frankly care, how having done these two things have affected her socially at school - like I said there is no embarrassment or social pariah status to motivate her at all. And while I try to teach her to recognize when she's rumbling, so she can stop herself before she gets out of hand...she's not really caring about that either so it's not working.

The ironic thing is she's not an unpleasant greedy person, quite the opposite It's just when the rumbling starts, and it's not headed off, it will eventually pass the point of no return and she explodes with something totally inappropriate. Then she immediately starts saying sorry, and doesn't understand why she isn't completely absolved and forgiven on the spot, and free from any consequences. I guess I should take comfort in the fact that she at least does apologize most of the time, that is an improvement from two years ago.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #29
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think maybe the whole day being good is too much. She's got a lot of self control to put into that day and it's sad if she messes up and cant fix it. If she knows one mess up and you're out than she has no reason to try and be good after one mess up.

Didn't the old school have a colour code system for their behaviour? We have something similar or Derry. She gets a smile/neutral/sad face per lesson in school so we can see what's going on and help when needed.

Would that work for Ginger too?

We dont punish for things done in school but we do talk about the behaviour and see where things could be made better. It helps the kids to understand what's expected of them. Not that it means they'll be better next time but it's all part of the process of continually reminding them of the correct behaviour. It does go in even if they can use it when it's needed.

Is it possible that she wins rewards for enough good smiles in a day rather than the Massive task of being good all day.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #30
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl the Overdrive is easy to use on the iPad, and getting library books on Kindle is way easier IMO...the picture books that I got are just not aesthetically pleasing... it looks like they scanned in the pages from the book and then in huge type under the picture of the whole page is repeated what the page said. IDK if that makes sense. The kindle format is better, but my kindle is b&w. Not sure how it would look in kindle format on the iPad or a Fire.... I should check it out on my Mom's next time she is around.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote