Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #41
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Friday!

Okay, I have had leaded coffee AND a 2 piece combo from Popeyes, so I am ready to take on the world, LOL. I've already been to the grocery store and saved $25 on $80. Whee!

Jen, I haven't tried the Overdrive app since I first got the Nook, so it probably is way better now. I do know what Jess is talking about with the kids' books, I have a few like that that were self-published by the author, but I have never seen that with books published through a proper publishing house.

Kari, we had that happen with two cats. One was sick and had to be put down. The second was not sick, but because the first one peed everywhere she peed after him everywhere and couldn't break the habit. I told DH no one would adopt her, and refused to put her down myself. So he took her to our vet, and he wound up adopting her himself because he likes a challenge.

Janine, they had that color system at the old school. Yellow was a warning, orange meant you missed ten minutes of recess, red meant you missed the whole recess and if it was bad enough you went to the principal. Ginger interpreted as yellow is get out of jail free, and orange and red don't matter if the weather is bad outside. Here they deal with incidents on an individual basis, tailor it to the offense. It is mostly explaining why the behavior is inappropriate and breaks school rules, and what they are expected to do instead. If it is "bad" enough they contact a parent so they know what happened but don't document it, and after three times of this they start sending incident reports home with each offense. Ginger's teacher sent out ONE incident report last year. Ginger has already had her three strikes and will get incident reports from now on for future "bad" offenses.

I'm sure it didn't help that her fish died recently, and there is a kid in her class that they totally clash and get each other into trouble frequently. And gym class is always challenging because it almost always hits ALL her weaknesses in a single class.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #42
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And of course today she has gym, BTW. I told her this morning, her top priority was to get through gym class on her best behavior. At her old school, she had gym class every ten days, but here they have it twice a week.

They will be getting off the bus in 15 minutes. I haven't gotten any calls or emails so I am hoping I am not finding an incident report in the backpack.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #43
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Ach poor kid....I feel bad for her. She cant help herself at all and there's nothing to do to fix it
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #44
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She made it through the day! I am going to pretend that success in gym class (and the rest of the day) had nothing to do with the fact they had to run a half mile to be timed first thing in the morning. Maybe I need to get her up early and run a half mile every day.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #45
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Teacher just sent an email that she was very good today, and she made a point to tell her so. Success!

My dinner plans are messed up. My pizza dough is not thawed out enough yet, and the girls did not eat any meat or drink their milk at lunch. They didn't ask where the sausage was and a regular milk carton (instead of a juice box style one) blew their minds, typical first time eating cafeteria food stuff. So they have only had french toast and corn for lunch. I think I may have to bust out the meatballs or fish sticks or something.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #46
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have news but I cant talk about it. I'm not allowed but it involves my little sister (the one from the UK) and she's very happy and I'm very happy and I need to finish knitting the socks!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #47
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well done Ginger!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #48
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen, I missed the post about the register. But I know what you are talking about, when I worked the book fair three years ago we didn't use the register AT ALL because it was such a PITA. That's awesome they have finally figured that out.

I can see the pix of Fynn now. Love the hat!

Also, I forgot to mention I also recently went through the pantry looking for stuff to give to a food drive, and was horrified to find at least a half dozen expired things. We've only lived here since April! How does this happen?

Ginger is now compiling a list of small and large rewards she can earn for good behavior. My favorites so far are "sit on mom's spot on the couch" and "be able to get up early before everyone else and play on the computer or watch a show" (because the rule is no TV before school and not before 8am on weekends, and the Net Nanny does not let them on the computer before 8am or after 8pm).
Old 10-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #49
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Net Nanny?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #50
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, time for bed. It's the middle of the night already. How did that happen?

everyone!