Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yankee large jar candle WWYD

I bought some Yankee candles online during their sale. I gave one as a gift and my friend loved it (so did I ). I kept the other three. Of those, two are great (Kitchen Spice and French Vanilla). But I also bought Balsam and Cedar as a Christmas-y scent, and I can't decide if I like it.

Today I lit it b/c I was so curious if I'd like it or not, and I still can't decide. I'm not sure if I like the smokey/woodsy cedar part of it. BUT maybe I just don't like it for today because it's a sunny, bright, non-wintery day LOL.

WWYD? I know you can exchange used candles at their store, but I hate to exchange it because I sort of like it. I really don't want a fruity Christmas-y scent, I want something cozy and woodsy. Would you wait and burn it on a dark rainy day instead? Would you want until your Christmas tree was up? Ours is a fake tree, anyway, so it will be up all month in December.

Advertisement

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Yankee large jar candle WWYD

If this is the toughest decision you have to make all day....LOL! I say that in a friendly, light-hearted way of course!

I'd take it back and exchange for something else. (Actually, I probably woudln't, but only beacuse it would be a hassle for me. I'd probably burn it a couple of times, then put it in my garage sale pile....LOL!)
Old 10-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
november
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had no idea you could take a used candle back to a Yankee store! Wow. Who knew?!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

november is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Try burning it with another warm neutral scent like your vanilla candle or pumpkin to see if you like it better.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
If this is the toughest decision you have to make all day....LOL! I say that in a friendly, light-hearted way of course!

I'd take it back and exchange for something else. (Actually, I probably woudln't, but only beacuse it would be a hassle for me. I'd probably burn it a couple of times, then put it in my garage sale pile....LOL!)
ALL my decisions are difficult LOL I don't know why but I really obsess about stuff when it comes to spending money. Since these are big candles, they feel like a big commitment.

I agree, in the grand scheme of things it's a dumb thing to worry about. DH would tell me to keep it or return it but stop thinking about it! I prefer not to tell him about this at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by november View Post
I had no idea you could take a used candle back to a Yankee store! Wow. Who knew?!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
I was really surprised, but last time I was in there I was feeling chatty and I told the sales clerk that the "Sage and Citrus" my SIL gave me irritates my throat after a while. She said "Bring it back, we'll exchange it for something you like" and I said "Well I've burned over half of it already" and she said "No problem". Seriously.

I didn't take it back though, I think if I've burned over half of it then I don't hate it THAT much Anyway, yes, they seem to have great customer service. I think it's worth paying a little more for great customer service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Try burning it with another warm neutral scent like your vanilla candle or pumpkin to see if you like it better.
That's a great idea -- I moved it into the fireplace and I'll try lighting another one to see if it makes a difference.

However, I've decided I will keep it. It seems very mellow and pleasant. It doesn't irritate my throat like Sage and Citrus.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Burn it with another scent!