Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Best vacuum for the money

So, we are looking for a new vacuum. We have carpet and three boys, two cats, and a puppy very soon. So, it has to be a good one. Thought about a dyson but I know their are other vacuums for cheaper that are just as good. No bissels though. Had a vacuum and steam vac and both dyed out after not having that long. What would you recommend?

Advertisement

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We LOVE our Eureka Air Speed. It was about $120. It has been rated by multiple sites as being as good or better than Dyson. We've had ours two years and it runs great.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best vacuum for the money

I was going to say dyson. They are expensive but I have had mine for over 4 years and still works awesome. We have the pet one. We also bought the cordless dyson as well. We have gone through many vacuums and all of them started losing auction after 3-6 months.
My wife didn't believe in spending that much money on a vacuum but after spending $10 to have it not work a couple months later she changed her mind. She loves the dysons.
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
MaryInPinedale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Kenmore from Sears. I love it. I can't stand the vacuums where you have to dump the dirt out into the trash.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...31-119089902-2
MaryInPinedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

We have a kenmore from sears and love it! It's going on 5 years strong! The worst part about it is it has a dirt sensor and sometimes I'll vaccuum the same spot for 10+ minuets to get the green "clean" sign. So while it drives me nuts, at least I KNOW my carpet is clean which is a must in my family of asthmatics. My mom has a kenmore that has been going strong for over 15 years, maybe longer more like 20. I was so little when I remember it I don't know when she bough it.

On another note my sister has 2 cats and 2 German shepards and just bought a new Hoover. She is super happy with her purchase!
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love my Hoover cordless - it does carpet and hardwood, was inexpensive, and can do a 1,300 ft house if you vacuum every day.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
Lovely_Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmm.. So perhaps you are looking for a good vacuum cleaner for pet hair, right? The best one on the market is Dyson (and you don't have to pay a lot for it, there are cheaper ways to get one).

One of my favorite Dysons (good for carpets, hardwood floors, yet plenty of animal/pet hair is Dyson Animal - with ball technology, easier to move around). If you are looking for a lightweight Dyson, you could also choose Dyson DC44 Slim Animal (this one is lightweight, yet not that expensive). It's less than 10 pounds and around $300 or so. If you want it cheaper, you can also go on Ebay (I've seen cheaper ones around there), or refurbished, use printable coupons (for example from Bed Bath or Beyond or even Macy's).

Another good vacuum cleaner, yet recommended for a lot of pet hair (especially when having cats or/and dogs) is Hoover WindTunnel (those T-Series model). The price is around $100+ and with coupons you get it even cheaper.

I hope this helps.
Lovely_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you can wait until November, Kohls has really good sales on their Dysons.
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #9
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hate Dyson vacuums. The suction DOES reduce. Certain ones are INCREDIBLY heavy and/or difficult to push as well. I'm not convinced they pick up the best either.

In one church I clean I compared Dyson to a Shark Navigator. I picked up a refurbished Shark for under $60. The Shark picked up more gunk,weighs less making it easier to use, had a head that swiveled much easier to really clean around things. Overall I just found it to be a better vacuum. When my teens started fighting over who got to use it in the different churches we clean, I knew they liked it best as well.

I watch 1saleaday.com for deals on Shark vacuums
I've bought 4 Sharks for personal/business use,3 for friends, and 2 for churches.

The churches and homes I clean for have a range of vacuums. Rainbows,Hoovers, Dysons, Electrolux, Dyson and Riccar are all brands I have access to using. They all stay in the closet while our trusty Sharks get a workout.

I have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

And this one:

The second one is our favorite but both are really good. If you watch the "deal" sites online you can pick them up for $50 to $60 each.

I'm going to jump on the chance to own one of these if I ever see them:

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 04-17-2013 at 06:01 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #10
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

They JUST did a segment on my local morning news comparing the Shark to the Dyson and the Shark came out to be just as good for substantially less $$$

Personally, I just bought a Dyson Animal refurbished on Amazon and I LOVE this thing and totally get all the hype. It's not a magically fairy dust machine where you press a button and the room is instantly hospital clean, but I have 3 cats and a dog and while I have never tried a Shark, the Dyson far far beat out all the other cheaper vacuums I have ever bought.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote