Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Vanity plates...

Do you still have your vanity plates from high school? I graduated in 1996 and never had plates referencing my graduation year.

Today I saw an old friend and she still had her vanity plates from high school, and she graduated in 1997! It has her first name and 1997. I thought it was kind of silly when I saw it and then I started thinking.

My vanity plates in high school were of my boyfriend's name, my name, and my birth date (7/4). My plates lasted longer than our relationship but I did get rid of them when I got another car.

So...what were your vanity plates, do you still have them? If you don't, do you have plates now?

Advertisement

acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vanity plates...

Is this a regional thing??? Why do you get them at high school graduation? I've never heard of this...but I didn't have my own car in high school either.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had mine for 11 years now (not hs I'm older than that) but they've followed me to three different states...I just get the same vanity plate in the next state.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Emmalily
Registered Users

My Mood:
I haven't heard of this either, but it sounds cute. When I lived in Tennessee I had a University of Tennessee vanity plate, but now that I'm in Texas we have to have front and back license plates.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Is this a regional thing??? Why do you get them at high school graduation? I've never heard of this...but I didn't have my own car in high school either.
Yah Ive never heard of then for hs. I do live in a huge college town and people have them with there college graduation year. My dentist has-DDS '77...he's odviously older.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

My vanity plate says CHRMED1 from the show Charmed. I got it well after high school though. I think it has been at least 10 years though.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I had JUL-DUG in high school while I dated my hs boyfriend. I have had others, ILVBNMA, BOYX3, my last one was RBOYBUS (and my XH hated when he drove my 12 passenger van) I think I had a few more, and probably kept a copy of each one somewhere. I love vanity plates and it's just $10/yr here. But now, I share a car with DH. And I can't think of a good one I want. It's fun to come up with things to put on plates and DH and I love figuring them out around here. It's a big deal in our area, I guess. And you can also get the plates that support your cause, whether or not you have Vanity plates.

ETA: I got them when I was 16, when I got my license. I never heard of them for graduation and I never had a year on them.

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 04-19-2013 at 01:21 PM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
Emmalily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh!! I was totally thinking the front plates that are just a picture or something. Not your actual license plate. Sorry!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
You don't get them for graduation, but people here put their names and/or initials and their grad year on the license plates when they get their car at 16. If they get a car at 16, anyway.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
The plates my parents got me for my first car said BMT*heart symbol*02. My initials and my pager number. Its been a LONG time since I've thought of that!!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote